Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dialled Bikes Alpine test in STW
  • andygreener

Does anyone happen to know what issue this was in?
    Cheers

Sim

The answer is in here:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/magarchive/

Somewhere…

Jamie
    Free Member

Issue 42, but dont bother with the review. Just go and buy one and bask in its awesomeness 😉

rs
    Free Member

I have the electronic version on my computer at home 😉

snotrag

rs – could you do me a a favour and send me an email or let me know yours…?

Also, jsut reading through your old posts – have you bought one yet?

Im just about to update this –

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-size-dialled-alpine-do-you-ride

thread with some info you may find useful.

rs
    Free Member

The frame is in the post as we speak, I went 17/22 and it should arrive this week, my enduro has been stripped and the parts cleaned and my bathroom currently has lots of bike components as ornaments. Can’t wait to get it. email is roy dot susan dot bc at googlemail dot com.

andygreener

Thanks gents. I have downloaded a copy. I just mailed dialled about sizes in stock, I didn’t think I get a response for a few days let alone after about 10 mins.

rs
    Free Member

Andy, what colour and spec/pimpness are you going for?

Swayndo
    Free Member

Aye I had one before the test and partly disagree with the test report.

I’ve just rebuilt mine after raiding it for another project in late December. I was out on mine solo in the local wood tonight. Makes an ace, fun bike with a 6′ fork.

6′ and 17/22 and it’s spot-on.

andygreener

rs- not sure yet, I have two bikes at the moment one is too big for me and the other a full susser is just too much bike for me, so want something I can have a go at anything on. Not that i’m into jumping or anyting xtreme. Sell the other two if poss.

I was looking at an evil sovereign that was on the classifieds, but I was too late so wanted something just a pimpy etc.

Plus they only have 15.5/21 in stock which as a shortarse is exactly my size.

Ooh colour have no idea. Thoughts anyone

rs
    Free Member

I’m doing a similar thing consolidating 2 bikes into 1, here’s some colours for you to think about….
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pimped-alpinecomments

rj
    Free Member

Andygreener, I’ve heard a rumour that the price of the Sovereign is coming down to £550.

andygreener

RJ- that is very interesting any idea of when?

mildred

They’re coming down because they’ll no longer be made from 853, but rather they’re using Japanese Sanko chromoly. Having owned both, and enjoyed both, I would buy the 853 (well, 853 main tubes) Alpine at £360, than a chromoly Sov’ at £550.

andygreener

Mildred- thankls for this info. Looking at the alernatives to your 853 Evil, got any pics of your Alpine you can forward on to me? Still not sure what colour to go for at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes Alpine test in STW’ is closed to new replies.