Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • dialled alpine/27.4 seat posts
  • alpin
    Free Member

are 27.4 post available? have measured the inside diameter using one of those funky rulers that look like silhouette puppet…

any other dialled alpine riders noticed a little bit of breathing room between seat tube and seat post? find i’m having to do seat clamp up silly tight to stop post moving. i am admittedly using a cheapo clamp.

J

coffeeking
    Free Member
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Seatpost is 27.2 usually, but sounds like your clamp is naff. Brand X clamps are decent enough.

coffeeking
    Free Member

27.4 does exist. Its just rare. I’d say you’re measuring a worn/stretched section of tube. My 30.8 measures 31.1 at teh top but is very tight for a 30.8 post.

alpin
    Free Member

clamp holds ok, just have to (what feels to me) over-tighten…

yes, have also measured with one of the those tube measuring devices shown on Sheldon. came up at 27.4

coffeking are you measuring inside diameter? DB website lists seatpost being 27.2 diameter….

no big deal really. just didn’t come across any 27.4 on CRC

cheers

J

The Alpine takes a 27.2mm post and a 30mm seat clamp.

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, that is what i’ve got.

thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

27.4s are available, usually cheapies, we’ve come across a few frames in the past that were supposed to be 27.2, but a 27.4 fitted much more nicely.Certainly worth trying one if you feel yours is slack.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘dialled alpine/27.4 seat posts’ is closed to new replies.