Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Dialled Alpine – tarty opinions please
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I have a very first world STW problem….

Just picked up a MK1 Alpine and I’m dropping it off to be blasted and powdercoated on Saturday morning…but I can’t decide on colour!

The bikes below have provided me with some inspiration – I’ve still got flexibility with fork colour etc, so anything goes at the moment.

Really liking the white at the moment 🙂

Any opinions?

tutgareth
    Free Member

My Mk2 is Kawasaki Green and looks great with my gold blingy bits 😀
    saw a white frame at the whinlatter shop and it did look good too.

how about a bright blue colour ?

rewski
    Free Member

raw

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrecker
    Free Member

White really suits that bike well.

Gotama
    Free Member

I used to love the look of my kawasaki green one. A bike like that suits a lairy colour imo.

yunki
    Free Member

kawasaki green, white and raw stripes

souldrummer
    Free Member

I have a Mk 1 Alpine which was in the grey. I’m having a bit of work done on it and then it will be re-prayed. I went for Dark Graphine but then I do like dark coloured bikes!!

peterfile
    Free Member

I haven’t seen many in blue, that’s definitely worth a look too.

Hmm, I really am moving towards the white though, but I’m just worried that its the bike in that picture which is swaying me, since it is a lovely build.

Is black a no no? Don’t think I’ve ever had a black frame.

johnhe

Colour is obviously a very personal choice, but I have one black bike and one white one. I would buy another white bike in an instant, but would be careful about buying a black one. Once black bikes (or mine at least) get older, no matter how much I wash it, it never looks very smart. The white one looks as good as the day I bought it.

sv

Pearl White.

Tom83

White or signal yellow.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

That top one is hideous! 😛 If you want to buy the forks or wheels off of it let me know. 🙂

martymac

my P7 is white, i got it in 2008.
    i was slightly worried about it dating badly due to the ipod influence, but tbh it just hasnt.
    not imo anyway.

peterfile
    Free Member

YoKaiser, is that your bike? If so…lovely!

I would definitely be interested in picking up your forks and wheels! Email in profile 🙂

White it is 🙂

I do love white bikes….my (now departed) Shocker (I still cry at the thought I sold it, my favourite build ever)

ste_t
    Free Member

Why on earth would you sell the Cove?

Built my burgundy with mostly functional parts (Sektors,deore, superstar etc) and love it. Best colour as far as I’m concerned.

peterfile
    Free Member

Why on earth would you sell the Cove?

After a fairly bad accident 2 years ago, I was told to stay off the bike indefinitely. The bones healed but I kept ripping my cartilage from my sternum. Sold all my bikes because it was just going to be too tempting to go out and ride and end up back at square one.

Fast forward two years and I’m in better shape than I have ever been. Time for a new bike 🙂

ste_t
    Free Member

That’s good news.

The Cove is stunning though!

tutgareth
    Free Member

The alpine needs to be a bright colour imop, black just wont do, theres too many white bikes around these days too, even though they look nice.

hora
    Free Member

The next cool colour to come out will be (IMO) dusty Gold, fools Gold and matt-Gold. (IMO of course) for frames and fork lowers.

A return to gold 8)

Northwind

That white is very nice. But, do it in a colour it was never available in as standard, otherwise why bother? I vote traffic yellow, or a chrome powdercoat.

peterfile
    Free Member

I like the idea of signal yellow, northwind 🙂

Ill have a look at the samples tomorrow morning

svalgis
    Free Member

I always liked a proper yellow with all black bits for almost any MTB. I’m also very weak for Cotic’s shade of blue.

I’d go for yellow on the Alpine though.

peterfile
    Free Member

hmmmmmm 🙂

Another option in the mix! Nooooo!

I think it’s between white and yellow. Only 16 hours left to decide.

TP
    Free Member

I think the white looks great. I’ve had a white bike in the past and they just look right.

stuartfung
    Free Member

I have the Alpine in MK1 red, which is nice in the sun. I, too, was thinking of getting a respray. Let us know which colour you decided in the end.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Mk3 but essentially the same. Looks great in orange:

peterfile
    Free Member

That’s very nice Mosey 🙂

Just realised that I’ve not put a picture of mine up and don’t have any in it’s current guise. Will sort some out soon.

Specced as follows (definitely a more gravity focussed build, but it’s actually remarkably easy to climb on)

Lyriks
    Formula The One
    Zee mech
    Saint Shifter
    SLX cranks
    Works Components thick/thin ring
    D321 on XT/Hope Pro II
    Renthal Fat Bars
    Thompson Seatpost and Stem

steezysix
    Free Member

Had my Kona Steely shot blasted and clear coated recently, really happy with the result.

Raw steel = sex appeal!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine – tarty opinions please’ is closed to new replies.