Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Di2 XTR satellite set up
  • onandon
    Free Member

I thought about doing this for a while and only now got around to doing it.

this is a mock up just to test the shifter position.

One button on the left shifts to easier gears and the button on the right shifts to harder gears. It’s basically like SRAM ETAP.

shifters are only 25 grams and can be placed pretty much anywhere. They’re in their mounts at the mo but I’ll probably get rid of these and recess the clickers into the grips.

yes I know the place look is a mess. Lots of build going on this weekend 🙂

brant
    Free Member

I’ve been playing with the setup on my EBike – I sometimes really like having the upshift to a higher gear on the lower right paddle shifter, but after a month my brain still isn’t use to it.

When a bit tired or rushed, it still defaults to standard shifting that I’ve done for years.

onandon
    Free Member

With this I can just pop the wires out and swap if I want the shifting reversed.

brant
    Free Member

You could do that. But do use the Etube software. The updates have made shifting much better on mine. Maybe that’s how the motor and shifts work together though.

brant
    Free Member

I suppose with those triggers I could get all mechanical and make a Chopper style shifter for my top tube. 🤔

onandon
    Free Member

With a long enough cable you could change gear by clenching your butt cheeks 🙂

richP

Hmm, interesting..

Do these just plug into the head unit, without the normal shifter?

orangeboy
    Free Member

As long as you have a junction box with a charging port somewhere in the system you can use those shift buttons without the ugly mtb di2 paddle shifter.

Only tried it it for a 1x but might work on a double set to full sycro

you don’t need the gear display either just Road junction box tucked away

richP

Cool, so these are just the sw-r610 switches?  I have the display so am hoping they just plug straight into that?

The cables seem quite short so are people splicing extra cable in?

is that what you have set up in the photos on and on?

onandon
    Free Member

Yep. Works without main shifters in a road or xt/ xtr display.

It works with syncing shift 2/11 or 1×11.

currently mine is an 11-45 cassette xtr / oneup combo

richP

Thanks.   Do the shifters get recognised by the etube software?
    I’m wondering whether any momentary switch with the right cable might work…?

onandon
    Free Member

R610s don’t work as they’re dumb buttons and need the main shifter lever to function.

i used the Di2 Dura-Ace SW-R9150 shift switchs which are smart, so don’t need the main shifters to work.

as for cable length. I use a 760 bar and the left shifter is at the very furthest it can reach.

If you used a road junction box it would sit in the middle of the stem, where as the xtr unit sits a few cm to the right. ( basically giving you less lack on the right lead  and more on the left.)

Extension cables are available

timbur
    Free Member

Nice setup.

i might need to investigate as I don’t find the XTR shifter that great after the mechanical version.

Tim

johnw1984
    Free Member

I wish my room was that tidy!

I find Di2 fascinating. Such clever technology. I’d like to try it on the XC bike one day when funds allow. A setup with 2×11 makes a lot of sense using this kit.

richP

Awesomes.
    Thanks for sharing on and on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Di2 XTR satellite set up’ is closed to new replies.