Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Di2 Problems
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m having some issues setting up the Di2 on my bike at present and was wondering if anyone else had had similar problems?

I’ve taken the 1×11 XT Di2 that was on my mountian bike and it’s now fitted to my gravel bike. The Ultegra shifters work perfectly with the XT rear mech.

When I come to set up the rear mech I’m having to set the micro adjustment to -16, the maximum, for it to run in the 42t cog at the back. Even then it’s not quite right. I’ve checked the mech hanger and it’s straight. The shifting was also perfect on the mountian bike so no reason to believe that the rear mech is bent.

Is there any form of basic setting that I’ve missed?

Any other suggestions?

otsdr
    Free Member

Is there any chance the MTB hanger was Direct Mount and the gravel one is regular? (I’m not even sure it would fit in this configuration, though). If that is the case, you’ll need a B-knuckle ( https://www.evanscycles.com/shimano-m8000-rear-derailleur-bracket-unit-for-normal-hangers-EV267845 ).

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Is there any chance the MTB hanger was Direct Mount and the gravel one is regular? (I’m not even sure it would fit in this configuration, though).

I never thought of this so had a quick Google. It looks like mine is the standard mount rather than direct mount.

Here’s the rear mech as it’s on the gravel bike (No idea how to embed photo’s!):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlELnWrNdf1EnwJ-_HhQfoUYTaun

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonnyboi

have you changed to a larger cassette and not updated the settings in the app?

check the limit screws?

chain length changed?

have you set up shifting again from scratch? E.G in gear 5 rather than just trimming?

jonnyboi

I never thought of this so had a quick Google. It looks like mine is the standard mount rather than direct mount.

what’s the model for each bike?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Same chain and cassette.

It’s also the same size cassette as I was using on the mtb. I’m pretty sure I updated the settings when I paired it all with the new shifters.

have you set up shifting again from scratch? E.G in gear 5 rather than just trimming?

I followed the instructions from the manual but I might watch a couple of YouTube videos to make sure I’m getting it right.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

what’s the model for each bike?

The MTb was a Specialized Epic and the gravel bike is a Mason Bokeh. Looking at photo’s on the Mason site my set up is the same as they have on the bikes they supply with Di2 fitted.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I finally got to the bottom of this.

It turns out that there’s a different rear mech hanger for Di2 as the standard hanger sees the mech sit in the wrong position. New hanger is on it’s way so hopefully it’ll be up and running soon!

jonnyboi

happy days

daern
    Free Member

It turns out that there’s a different rear mech hanger for Di2 as the standard hanger sees the mech sit in the wrong position. New hanger is on it’s way so hopefully it’ll be up and running soon!

Is this common? I was under the impression that a DI2 groupset could be retro-fitted to any bike, which implies that things like mech hangers would have to be identical….

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Is this common? I was under the impression that a DI2 groupset could be retro-fitted to any bike, which implies that things like mech hangers would have to be identical….

I’ve honestly got no idea!

I fitted Di2 to my MTB and it worked fine but with there being so many frame/dropout/axle configurations I guess that there’s always the possibility of some issues somewhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Di2 Problems’ is closed to new replies.