Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • di2 for gravel bike
  • burko73

ok, I’m going to upgrade from my current 9spd sora setup on my gravel/ do anything bike. Its currently got old 9 Spd sora groupset with an 11-34 xt cassette and a compact chainset.

I pootle about off rd on it on fire roads with linking country lanes etc. I’m thinking my upgrade will be 1×11 and I’ll need shifters/mechs/cassette/chain etc.

currently running cable discs – trp spyres, but I’ve had some issues with these and my wheel set in that the clearance isn’t enough and despite bigger front disc I get a rub on the spokes from the calliper as the calliper is quite wide due to the (otherwise excellent) spyre design.

Looked at di2 Ultegra with an xt rear derailleur, decent size cassette and post mount hydro brakes as my frame doesn’t have a flat mount fitting on frame or forks.

This will save me the price of a new set of wheels and I can prob sell the otherwise good condition trp’s

Whats the shopping list I need if I fancy Di2/ hydro brakes?

I assume that the ST-R785 don’t come with the buttons on the top of the hoods?

burko73

Bump for Tuesday…

mattbee

Shifters, mech (assuming 1x otherwise 2!), junction box A or XT display, junction box B, battery and the relevant length wires to connect them-shifters to A/display, A to B, B to battery and B to mech/s.

burko73

Where does the battery go? How does it stash on the bike?

boxelder

My battery sits inside the seat post – a very nice Kinesis one designed for that job. Previously it was stuffed up a Ritchey post, using a rubber mount/plug thing.

mattbee

Assuming you have suitable routing either in seat tube, or I have mine in down tube wrapped in bubble wrap (put in via head tube) because the bb design doesn’t allow cables to pass through it.

My older road bike has an external battery mounted under & tucked below the bottle cage.

burko73

Got no special routing. Cotic escapade. Can the battery go up the steerer?

burko73

I guess I could drill a hole for the cables to exit at the bottom of the seatpost? Usual caveats apply.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘di2 for gravel bike’ is closed to new replies.