Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Di2 battery connector problem
  • davosaurusrex

My brother has just had a Rose CDX Xeon 3000 delivered, very nice it is too, all carbony with shimano hydraulics and Di2 Ultegra. He’s out of the country and we’re riding the L2B on Sunday so I went round today to make sure battery is charged and it all works. The battery connection (battery housed in seatpost) is poor and not at all secure, slightest touch and it disconnects leaving no shifting. Beyond using a pin to try and widen out one connector to make a tighter fit I can’t see a way round it, wouldn’t be confident taking it on a ride of any distance. Just seems a poor design. Anyone else come across this and have a solution? Nearly everything you read about Di2 mentions how reliable it is

tomhoward

Did you take the battery out of the seat post to charge it? You should have been able to charge it from the junction box under the stem.

Are you using the installation tool for the wires?

Connections on mine (DA) are rock solid.

davosaurusrex

It was delivered unplugged. Manual just showed it as a push fit unless I’ve missed something. Didn’t see a connection tool in with the other stuff. All other connections were made when delivered

davosaurusrex

Just watched an Al Vine installation guide on YouTube, just looks like a simple push fit. Have tried pushing it home through 360 degrees but no joy. Think it’s just out of spec

scaredypants

it is a simple push fit but you do push fairly hard. The shimano “tool” for this locates on the little shoulder on the plug and gives good purchase for pushing it in.

Needle nose pliers and minimum grrrr should see you right, I’d think

orangeboy
    Free Member

There is a positive click when the di2 cables connect normaly.
    And often a little harder than you think but don’t go mad. As above small pliers or the shimano tool

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

As above, it should ‘click’ when fully home. you don’t NEED the tool per se but make sure you don’t damage the cable if improvising. I’ve never seen one out of spec for what it’s worth.

davosaurusrex

Cheers all. It’s not my bike so didn’t want to force it and break something but have forwarded this thread on to him, hopefully he will be able to sort it when he’s back tomorrow

davosaurusrex

Applied a bit more force and it clicked home, ta!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Di2 battery connector problem’ is closed to new replies.