Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DH/Park bike on a budget
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve decided that I can’t be bothered doing a semi conversion of my trail bike for park bike duties over summer so thought about building something up I can use. I can get a brand new Commencal Furious frame and shock for about 500 quid, use my existing wheels and seatpost. I’d like forks, brakes and drivetrain to come in under 500 quid too and I’d like new if possible. Any suggestions, I’m aware it might be a bit of a stretch.

atlaz
    Free Member

quick bump

honourablegeorge

Furious will need a 150mm rear hub and 83mm BB, won’t it?

That might put a spanner in your plans.

Specialized Demo 7 or an Orange frame might suit, they’ll play with normal wheels & cranls.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have a 2009 Spesh SX Trail for sale. Details in the For Sale section.

Northwind

Old Intense slopestyle can take 135mm wheels, not sure about cranks. I think Rocky Mountain Slayer SSs as well. Or Patriots (but not Bloods) and 224 Evos (but not others). Demo might have a wacky wheel offset?

I should like to take this opportunity to mention that I thought my SX Trail was pish. Though might be a better park bike for jumping etc, that was all it could do well.

mikey74
    Free Member

I should like to take this opportunity to mention that I thought my SX Trail was pish. Though might be a better park bike for jumping etc, that was all it could do well.

My experience has been very different. I guess you would expect me to say that, but it is the truth. Excellent bikes.

Northwind

Sorry Mikey, didn’t mean to rain on your ad! Mine was an 06 so older model. I just thought my Hemlock kicked its arse tbh but lots of people do like ’em.

mikey74
    Free Member

Mine was an 06 so older model.

Ahh completely different bike then. No worries. I had no problem with what you said – different opinions is what we are here for – I just wanted to put forward my experience as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DH/Park bike on a budget’ is closed to new replies.