Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DHL express – anything quicker? (URGENT)
  • sadexpunk

over in thailand at the mo and need my driving licence sending over here asap if we dont want to rely on being taxi’d everywhere. got a mate back in uk trying to sort it for us and says shes phoned dhl and theyve quoted her £60 and says it wont be delivered til 20th!! not worth it as we come back on 24th.

my bro over here says he uses them and they usually take a couple of days. mates maybe ringing the wrong number and getting slooow dhl instead of express deliveries, so do any of you know the quickest way of getting it out here? dhl the best option or ups mebbes?

cheers

SidewaysTim

Get someone in the UK to look on transglobal express. UPS via TGE will have it there in 1-3 days for £25.

peteimpreza

Try UPS

sadexpunk

just tried ups mate and same as dhl, 60ish and 19th delivery. just doesnt sound right really. id prefer to talk to them myself but can only find online quotes. could do with them at least telling me yes, thats the cheapest we do it :-/

just rang transglobal tim, and theyre shut til monday 🙂 might be my best option but just want it here soon as poss really.

thanks a lot

geoffj

Bit of lateral thinking, could you not get someone to take it into a uk branch of the car hire firm you want to use and get them to check / fax the details between branches?
    Hertz perhaps

sadexpunk

tis good thinking mate, but not viable for our situation. staying with family, and bro is saying i can use his car if i want. insurance company say faxed copy is ok as far as insurance goes, but its just the police. theyre a bit keen over here about that sort of thing and i could end up with a night in a nice thai nick for no licence 🙂

geoffj

Aaah I see. 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

I’d risk faxing one for insurance and getting on with it…

Have it scanned and emailed over, then printed off on a laser printer for the police, if they ever stop you….

sadexpunk

again, yes normally i might, but its thai new year over here and theyre stopping loads of people cos it all gets a bit daft on the roads at the mo.

sadexpunk

tim, you were spot on! TGE, 25 quid and its on its way. thanks ever so much for that, and thanks to t’others for your suggestions too 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Glad you’re sorted but what’s wrong with being adventurous, huh? Just google’d Thai Prison Night Exploits, looks fun 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DHL express – anything quicker? (URGENT)’ is closed to new replies.