Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • DH Worlds – MSA
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

Here’s hoping it’s Matt Walker that replaces Matt Walker on the hot seat.

tails
    Free Member

Camera work is getting better

tails
    Free Member

Great to see Finn put a run together

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tenfoot

Yeah. I was wondering whether his enthusiasm would get the better of him and he’d crash out, but that was good.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not on beeb? Waaaahhhhhhh

wordnumb
    Free Member

Is it not on the red button for bbc?

tails
    Free Member

I hope this sticks. I like loic but come on brosnan

stanfree
    Free Member

Same here , definately deserves it.

tails
    Free Member

Ahh he’s too good

simondbarnes

Good day for the French!

tails
    Free Member

Just amazing how few crashes there are at the speed they are going

leffeboy

shockingly fast.  I have no idea how they stay on their bikes

MSP

What an amazing last 2 runs, I though Brosnan had it, and then wow.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Holy shitballs. The casual front wheel drift from Bruni before the rock garden.

Got to feel sorry for Brosnan. He laid it down.

bedmaker

Great viewing.

Greenland’s run was terrifying to watch, so fast and loose!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

incredible racing! poor Troy!

stanfree
    Free Member

Gutted for Brosnan , but the 3 french lads (Pierron , Vergier and Bruni ) are amazing. From watching downhill and even road cycling none of them seem arseholes. As opposed to football with the big bucks where quite a few seem like dicks. Great race , chuffed for pompon as well.

daviek

Gutted for Troy, really thought he had it.

weeksy

70+ kph on the rocky grass field bit! I mean really, that’s nuts!!!!

kula72
    Free Member

Nearly had a stroke watching that! Amazing racing. Inspiring comebacks from the women too.

kayak23

Stoked for Miriam, gutted for Troy. Always the bridesmaid. Still, Bruni… Just incredible 😮

Rubber_Buccaneer

really thought he had it.

So did I.  Watched Brosnan’s run skimming the tops of the rocks and thought it was unbeatable.  Then Bruni came down

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Interesting neg. correlation between top speed and race time (just top 40)

speed vs time

oikeith

Loved seeing Finn come down in the green, but my god he looks prone to a crash, one camera caught him overshooting and having to go superwide over a huge rock, how he held on I dont know! But when Troy was 1 second up at split 1 then 2 at split 2 I actually swore in surprise, really thought that was the winning run. Then Bruni comes down in the green, couldn’t believe it!

The women’s was a surprise, I guess with Rachel, Tahnee and Myriam out if gave the others space to win and build some confidence but then for Myriam and Tahnee to come back and go first and second says something about the gulf in the women’s. I was kinda of excited to see what Valli Höll would do timewise as at some of the world cups her time would of won elite womens, but her time was above 5mins and would have placed her outside the top 5 I think.

tomparkin

Flipping brilliant.

And what a wonderful sportsman Brosnan is. There was about a short clip in the RB footage as he, Pierron, and Hart watched Bruni cross the line. Brosnan puts his head in his hands for a split second as he realises the result, and then comes up smiling for Bruni. Incredible.

sharkattack

From the second Brosnan crossed the line Pierron had a face like a smacked arse! He must have wanted it much more than he let on.

Gutted for Troy though. He’s done absolutely everything right this year but look what he’s up against. I think Finn will figure it out. It’s not that long ago that Bruni was the fastest qualifier who would psyche himself out and throw away his race run. Now look at him.

Would be nice to see where Greenland slotted in without that puncture. He was on an absolute mission of a run.

Women’s downhill is in a sorry state. The series leaders got smoked by two people that have been in rehab all year. No disrespect to any of them but there’s just not the depth of competitors to make a good competition. There’s 5 or 6 women in the world who can throw down a convincing race run on a DH bike and they’re never all racing at the same time. I still really hope Tracey wraps up the overall next week, she’s been trying long enough.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 the lack of depth and competition in the women’s field was certainly clear. Not only is there only a handful of women capable of winning (and half of them are currently injured) but the gap between the elite and the rest is a gulf.

maxtorque

Is it just me, or has Bruni got a touch of the nico voullioz about him these days? Seems to be abel to step up no matter what the pressure bearing down is!

Speeder

Have just watched the men’s race and it was incredible.

Gutted for Greenland and Brosnan, there was one moment in Troy’s run that probably cost him all of that but Bruni’s run was just awesome.

Such a spectacle and so many great stories throughout, it really deserves to be a much bigger sport.

jeffbadgerffs
    Free Member

Isn’t that exactly the correlation between top speed and race time you would expect – faster top speed correlates with lower race time.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘DH Worlds – MSA’ is closed to new replies.