Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • DH World Cup Round 2 – Fort William Race Preview
  • keefezza
    Free Member

That’s good to hear about Nina Hoffman, one of my dream teamers.

I’ve got…

Laurie Greenland
    Jade Edwards
    Taylor Vernon
    Matt Walker
    Nina Hoffman
    Mikayla Parton

chrisyork

We’re at Fort Bill but she’s pregnant and knackered after today so come back home, hoping to watch the 4X on the live stream but it’s not started yet…. Anyone there with signal or wifi able to advise if it’d started yet? Really don’t want to miss it if it’s streaming

chrisyork

Just seen, they’re just a bit delayed

keefezza
    Free Member

Where’s streaming of 4x being done from?

daviek

there was a lot of folk crossing the line with flat tyres today! weather wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d feared though.

Anyone know what happened to Jessica Blewitt? I think she crashed and caused the red flag that meant some of the women’s elites got a rerun.

chrisyork

Ouch is that who it was? We saw medics bringing someone down on a stretcher (I think) then into back of an ambulance. Can only think that must’ve been her.

The 4X was streamed on Facebook live from Fort William DH’s profile

squirrelking
    Free Member

Gutted, Monika Mixova failed to qualify. Nice lass, ended up in synch with her round the Naughty a few years back, would have been good to see her in the final.

desperatebicycle

Laurie Greenland qualified in 1st! Can he win it tomorrow? Be brilliant if he does 😀

daviek

Ouch is that who it was? We saw medics bringing someone down on a stretcher (I think) then into back of an ambulance. Can only think that must’ve been her.

I think that might have been a Male Jr but not sure who.

weeksy

Laurie Greenland qualified in 1st! Can he win it tomorrow

Well based upon qualification, maybe

He’s certainly got to be in with a shout!

desperatebicycle

Ben Cathro being interviewed on Sunday Brunch!
    didn’t expect that when i turned the tv on 😆

crab
    Free Member

Whoah juniors Williams and Goldstone, there’s a couple of future elite podium toppers! Be interesting to see how those times will stand up to the mens later on…

wipperman95
    Free Member

For all the good Red Bull have done, I think they’ve missed a trick not covering the qualifying live – it’s an important element of the weekend, like F1, it should be live. One hopes Discovery address this next year.

stwhannah

Best winner’s celebration ever? It was a good one!

crab
    Free Member

Middle woods section looks manky af, I’m expecting quite a lot of carnage through there in the mens.

Drone cam on the motorway section, not seen that at a World Cup race before.

snotrag

Yep, Nina enjoyed that one. Brilliant run. Good to see the whole team chuffed to bits too.

stwhannah

Sunshine and showers forecast all afternoon. Probably a lot more fun to watch than ride! I look at that woods section and am just glad I’m not having to ride it.

RustyNissanPrairie

Yeah middle section looks minging!
    Going to be some big slams

scotroutes

somafunk

^ Break every **** finger on their thieving hands.

csb

Well at least the event is spreading some wealth in the local economy 😐

crab
    Free Member

Ooof Dakotah Norton! Shame, he was flying.

mashr

So Saracen use squeaky bushes (when wet) in the Myst then?

jeffl

Great stuff, that last run was crazy close.

keefezza
    Free Member

Brilliant racing.
    Think Matt walkers noisy bike may have been the mudguard as it got higher in pitch with speed. Sounded awful from the very beginning though.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Good to see Claudio back but do you get the sense that he really doesn’t like Fort William.?  Commentary was all about ‘flat section’ this, ‘pedally section’ that and then at the wrap up it’s a ‘straightforward’ track…?

Or am I just being over sensitive.?

moonsaballoon

Kade edwards is brilliant to watch .

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Kade edwards is brilliant to watch

I was really thinking he was going to backflip through the Scotland banner for a second.!

crab
    Free Member

It was a quality suicide through the arch🤟

Hats off to Pierron and Daprela, gutted for Greenland, thought he might just do it for a moment.

mashr

Good to see Claudio back

Think this is the only part of your post I disagree with

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Think this is the only part of your post I disagree with

Was trying to be nice..  Eliot Jackson has been really growing into the pundit/co-commentator role.

mashr

Yeah Eliot > Claudio all day for me

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Gotta say I’m a bit worried about MTB race coverage via Discovery/GMBN next year, seems like Red Bull have really pulled out the stops this year to try and make everyone miss them next year. FPV drone footage, roving reporter Gee (who seems to really fit in the role, possible retirement announcement?)

Can’t help but think that losing the ability to tap into that pool of Red Bull sponsored athletes for coverage and insider background on riders and tracks is going to be missed next year.  Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

Gribs

Ben Cathro being interviewed on Sunday Brunch!

If anyone wants to watch him it’s about 18 minutes in.

gardentiger
    Free Member

Chuffed to bits for Nina Hoffman – she strikes me as absolutely sound.

And Amaury. No one can live with his speed if he keeps it rubber side down.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sunshine and showers forecast all afternoon. Probably a lot more fun to watch than ride! I look at that woods section and am just glad I’m not having to ride it.

It was pishing down all day, cold and miserable by the end, getting a gondola ticket was a regret. Of course the sun was splitting the sky as soon as we got back to Spean Bridge 😂

Saw Ethan Craik wipe out on a corner up top (switchbacks after the boulder fields), dunno how he came off but looked like he took a shot to the gut

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So what happened to Bernard Kerr – Qualified 5th but no where in the race, and then not pedalling at the bottom but his chain looked fine !

Was he just a bit tired?

Gotta say I’m a bit worried about MTB race coverage via Discovery/GMBN next year

Is that free to watch or subscription only ?

Speeder

Disagree with all those who like EJ as a presenter, almost zero race credibility and irritating to boot. Not sure who I’d rather have but I like the Warner/Claudio chemistry.

daviek

I think I missed a lot of the weather on sunday as it was fine at the top of the track when I started to walk down as the elite women started but it was fairly dreich by the time I got to the road gap. Not sure what happened this year but Sunday morning from the park and ride was dire I was in the bus queue for 40 minutes and by the time I got on it was twice the length. Spent far more time in queues this year than ever before even leaving which as you’d expect is very busy but seemed to take forever. I think next year they need to sort out some screens in the covered area for the gondola queue though, 40 minutes on sunday was a breeze compared to the hour 20 on Saturday but I assume that was because it was practice and the riders were piling in as many runs as they could

desperatebicycle

his chain looked fine

Looked like his rear mech was squewiff to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.