Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 271 total)
  • DH World Champs – Norway -SPOILERS
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

😯

rmacattack
    Free Member

you have to wonder with mulally, did he ride better without his chain as he knew it was all up to him and his skill, so he laid of the brakes. have he of had a chain he might not have went full tilt as he knew he had the pedals as backup. impressive stuff. great to watch like gwins tyre-less run this year

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Some carnage, brutal. Poor Josh. What a race though!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All I can say now is “Do you know the ******** words”

rmacattack
    Free Member

i do hope this does not knock josh down, at least he has the time to think and recover now. this kid is going to make serious history

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you have to wonder with mulally,

Nearly everyone I have seen at a DH race who snaps a chain does their best run. Just concentrate on flow and no brakes, it doesn’t matter if you get it wrong so just let it go.

chakaping
    Free Member

Was the race of the year up to then, but such a rotten end.

At least it was the end of the season I suppose.

🙁

Northwind

Really Red Bull, cut off the stream before the mens’ medals?

rmacattack
    Free Member

damn it redbull

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, very annoying.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

was about to ask the same

JEngledow
    Free Member

That’s annoying!

RickDraper
    Free Member

Gutted for Bryce. He will come back stronger and harder and learn a lot from that.

MSP

learn a lot

I don’t think learning is one of Josh’s strong points.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just hope he doesn’t go as long as peaty for the medal and the stripes!
    (edit though it would be another epic film if he did)
    edit 2

I think it is if you look at this season.

mikey74
    Free Member

What an idiotic thing to say.

Northwind

Bear in mind he’s already been a junior world champ- and his run up to that jump wasn’t some wild man hanging it all out, he looked composed and comfortable all the way down, very mature and clever ride. He had Nigel Page asking if he knew he was on his final run, even while taking seconds out of everyone else. Think it’s pretty presumptious to assume you know why he overjumped it- maybe it was a moment of headbangerness, or maybe he just hit it with more speed than he did in practice- something to do with being, up til that moment, the fastest man in the world… Or maybe it’s just part of the package, same as Danny Hart’s whips in 2011, sometimes you can’t take one part out without losing it all.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and better put than me Northwind, it’s also worth remembering that the slowest girl down the hill today would wipe the floor clean with 95% of STW.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend. I highly recommend volunteering for something like this if you can, really cool to see the work that goes in , the track , the riders, the tech teams etc. I am a very proud Brit in Norway

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Now time to find the party – in the hospital it will still be the best one

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cannondale tent was the best last night. All the Italians in dressing gowns and a fight between two XC riders. Messy!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Can anyone find or make a link for the Neko Mullaly chainless run please? Some cracker that 😀 . Doesn’t seem to be on youtube yet.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

it’s on the redbull tv feed

Coyote
    Free Member

Any news on Ratboy yet?

His was one of the most stylish runs I’ve seen, shame he overcooked the last landing. Well worthy of being double World Cup / World Champ.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I just want his run though, not the full replay.

weeksy

So, what were the actual results?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Great day of racing, Neko chainless was brilliant.

Hill back to his best. He was the fastest man out there (yes, quicker than Bryceland if you look at the splits) but to finish first, first you have to finish…

Harsh lesson for Bryceland, this won’t be the last of him though.

dannyh
    Free Member

Any news on ‘basmati’ bryce yet?

I think Hill and Minnaar could have make decent rugby players shrugging off impacts like that.

Some people tend to decry ‘sour-faced’ or ‘dour’ Gee, but it’s his name on the trophy. He got it down the hill quicker than anyone else, end of story.

The bloke I really want to see win another World Cup or a world champs is Blenky. That lad is pure flair.

I only saw the last ten or so men, so I didn’t see the chainless Mullaly. Great course and great racing.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can Gee only win world champs when Sam Hill crashes?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Most of the fileld can win when Hill crashes. Riding fast is not the same as riding too fast.

scunny
    Free Member

Watched all 97 riders this afternoon. Mullaly’s run was amazing. Heart sank when I watched Josh float over that bridge! He deserved the double.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Even tho Gee won he’s still a dick.

Any news on rat boys ankle?

chakaping
    Free Member

Poor Gee obviously hadn’t wanted to win like that, unsurprisingly looked a bit awkward after Josh finished.

mikey74
    Free Member

I really don’t get this hatred for Gee: Just because he’s focused and successful doesn’t make him a dick.

I thought he gave a good interview at the end, wishing Josh well and clearly happy, but tempered by the fact that Rachel didn’t win and the manner in which he won (no one wants to win as the result of a competitor hurting themselves).

People seem to forget that he won despite completely messing up that gap in the woods, after one of the rock gardens, and almost crashing himself. The rest of his run was blindingly quick.

rocketman
    Free Member

I like Gee maybe he’s not rock n roll enough for some but I’m glad he won today whatever the circumstances

chakaping
    Free Member

People seem to forget that he won despite completely messing up that gap in the woods, after one of the rock gardens, and almost crashing himself. The rest of his run was blindingly quick.

Indeed, he completely deserved to win.

Bit of a shame for him that he’s only the fourth-biggest story from the men’s race, but he was quickest across the line!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Great day if racing! Feel sorry for Josh. Glad Gee took it although would have loved ratboy to do the double.

What about our girls though! Bloody brilliant.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I like Gee maybe he’s not rock n roll enough for some but I’m glad he won today whatever the circumstances

its a bit like a machine winning, everything is calculated, rather than this

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why did we only get 3 seconds of peats runs as well?

dannyh
    Free Member

Indeed, he completely deserved to win.

He deserved to win as he was the fastest down the hill!

I can only think of one example where someone deserved to win and didn’t and that was Champery 07. Matti Lehikoinen played the tactics and put in a lame quali run in anticipation of it raining halfway through finals. It pissed down, but Hill came in third only a second or two behind. That single run blew everyone away. No one could touch Hill in those years, and because he needed the quali points for the overall it put him at the mercy of someone who wanted a win, but wasn’t in contention for the overall. That final was basically run on two different tracks, yet Hill still nearly won. He qualified 14 seconds quicker than the next rider!

Josh Bryceland is a brilliant rider to watch, my guess is he either hit that ramp quicker than he was anticipating or something just knocked him slightly on the approach and left him not being able to absorb the upslope as much. Either way, it was an error, and one that cost him.

I’m off back to red bull to see if I can watch a bit more than just the last ten!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘DH World Champs – Norway -SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.