Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • DH is back!!
  • jjprestidge
    Free Member

What happened there? I know it rained, but why were plenty of the people who are good in the wet (Hart, Atherton, etc) so far down?

JP

frogstomp

Looking forward to today’s race..

For those who like to geek out on the stats, check out Eliot Jacksons World Cup Stats website – interesting to compare riders and where they made up / lost time.

Kamakazie

Good race. Solid results for the GB riders as well.

jam-bo

My missus wasn’t watching directly but overheard and laughed hard at the ‘it was so big it blew his goggles right off’ comment on vergiers crash.

maxtorque

Well, i for one am surprised at the lack of performance from Gwin?

In fact, the “Old boys” (and girls) are all rather getting whipped by the young guns these days!

Kamakazie

Gwin still looks fast and is normally super consistent.

Danny off to an unusually good start so hoping he’ll take the overall this year.

superstu
    Free Member

That was fun. Picked Bruni in my pinkbike fantasy DH and think he will be a contender.

chiefgrooveguru

Great track!

the00
    Free Member

Loic was flying today, looked super quick, on the edge yet in control the whole way down.

Feel bad for Finn cos he looked equally hot all weekend.

Not a fan of the mullet bikes, but we will see how the season goes. Couldn’t hope for a better kick off though.

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks red bull TV for having “[riders name] winning run” on the homepage so I knew who won before I watched it… Was only a few hours after it was live as well.

coomber
    Free Member

^^^

Yes absolutely fuming with that. No way to avoid it on the replay. Seriously hacked off.

twonks

I thought exactly the same. Avoided the forum for a few hours with a view to watching the re-run in the evening.
    Ran the app and was greeted by the result and ‘trending’ videos about the winning runs.

Going to complain to Red Bull but doubt it will make any difference.
    Great riding though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You only have to look at the ‘From The Front Page’ sidebar >> to see who won the juniors…
    On the other hand well done to Andi for getting the stuff up over the weekend, in the past we could had to wait a day or two to get DH results and news up.

daviek

Its the same with the bar at the bottom of the video if youre on catch up, it would br better if they just had the riders names rather than names and times

trumpton
    Free Member

Missed the girls racing as I was out. Saw the end of the mens. Well done to Danny, and Tahnee, Rachel. Glad Tracey did well too. Hopefully there’s a rerun.

AlexSimon

Same thing with seeing the winner on Red Bull. Absolutely gutted.
    Once watching the race, there was still plenty of excitement, but it definitely lost something seeing the winner’s run against the runner up.

[at what point can we include spoilers?]

Anyway – If anyone is reading this before watching the race (you idiot), get someone else to start the replay for you so you don’t see the winner by accident.

coomber
    Free Member

Have emailed Red Bull. Doubt it will do anything but worth a try. Next time I will get someone to start it for me.

Really enjoyed the woman’s race as well. Hopefully at least a 2 way battle this year.

AlexSimon

I tweeted them too – and it looks like many on Pinkbike feel foul to the same thing 🙁

submarined
    Free Member

RB did exactly the same at least twice last year year – caught me out several times. 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

RedBull app / web page is shocking and afaik always has been.

Was watching the Womens race about 20 mins behind, suddenly it decided to leap to live, which happened to be a slow-mo replay of the Winning run.

Often, despite having a 150Mbps connection at home, it will run at such low quality you can’t read the on-screen graphics.

It’s also too cool for it’s own good, the web page, the Xbox App and the Roko app are all the same, no ‘buttons’ on-screen, just a sort of gesture control for a non-touch interface, shite.

sharkattack

Glad I’m not the only one that was caught out by the on screen spoilers. What a pisser that was.

I’d already learned not to start watching the replay until the whole thing has finished because it had a habit of jumping to the live feed.

Then they found a new way to ruin it anyway!

Hell of a race though. Hart did his usual ‘win or die trying’ which was eye opening but Bruni was just .4 of a second cleaner.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bring back Freecaster I say!

I know they used about 4 cameras for the whole track, it was in such low-res it looked like an 8-Bit computer game, it would often just go off for 20 mins without explanation and Warner was so pissed by the time the fastest qualifier started his run he was completely incoherent. But they never gave away the result ha ha.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Was watching… about 20 mins behind, suddenly it decided to leap to live, which happened to be a slow-mo replay of the Winning run

Yup, this. Grrrr.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Bring back Freecaster I say!

Yup, this.

AlexSimon

To be fair, I thought the camera coverage of this race was superb. Even though you’re only seeing a part of the track, it felt like you caught everything (and obviously did catch the couple of important crashes).

Kamakazie

Agreed, it was the best race I’ve watched in the last few years.
    Good camera angles covering most of the best bits of track. The racing was nice and close all the way through which kept it interesting until the final run.

chiefgrooveguru

I never watch it through the app – it’s SO unreliable! However it works pretty well through a browser on my phone.

Speeder

Watched it live direct on my TV through the Firestick. It did crash a few times but didn’t spoil anything.

Loved it! some great racing!

Stevet1
    Free Member

Some good racing, both the womens and the mens seemed pretty open. Agreed that it looked a good course but then I’m not racing it. Loved Laurie Greendlands run, on the edge all the way down.
    Thought it funny that they mentioned Brook Macdonald was happy with the new Michelins then seemed to be having trouble staying upright all the way down (I guess Laurie was on those as well as they support Mondraker?)

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘DH is back!!’ is closed to new replies.