Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • DH is back!!
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Its been so long I’d almost forgotten but the first race is this weekend. A bit annoyed that MSN wasn’t on the schedule but found I’d overlooKed it being the venue for this year’s Worlds.
    A quick course preview for the year here (I watched all of the vids whilst uploading files – DH and getting paid to watch it!:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/downhill-world-cup-2019-tracks-previews.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/live/AP-1XJS6F2JW2111/mercedes-benz-uci-mountain-bike-world-cup
    Next weekend isn’t it? 27/28th on red bull but good to see it back again!!

daviek

I thought it was next weekend as well and I’m away with work so will miss it but I’ll be happy if it is this week

bikecurious
    Free Member

Yeah it’s the 27th/28th. This weekend I think it’s the ixs cup which alot of the wc lot are using as a warm up for wc weekend.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

D’Oh I’m out by a week!
    A combination of Easter this weekend and last weekend riding for 5 days daarn sarf(er). Still looking forward this season.

superstu
    Free Member

Yeah should be good. Interesting to see how Gwin, Gee and others get on with new teams. Hope Greenland continues to progress. Personally I would like Hart to take a win if not the series. Some more competition for Rachel Atherton would be good but I won’t hold my breath, although Seagrave impresses me. Oh and Minaar…hopefully he can get back to his best.

So all in all tonnes to look forward to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m really hoping Luca Shaw gets the little bit of luck he needs after those storming nearly runs last year

superstu
    Free Member

Yeah fair one Mike. Interesting if the young guns can repeat their surprise results last year.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Finally I can get this thread into the right place in time. It’s back!
    Lots on PinkBike today. Really looking forward to this and the Baku F1, add in Avengers Endgame and a couple of great rides and this has been a brilliant week.

sharkattack

Can’t wait to watch this.

The track looks good, the weather forecast looks grim, the racing will be amazing as always. I just hope the conditions are the same for everyone. There’s nothing worse than a storm rolling in half way through the men’s race.

I’ve been following it since the 90’s so I fully appreciate the sheer amount of high quality coverage we get to enjoy these days. And all in real time, not 6 months later on a 20 quid VHS tape.

mahalo

balls!! going to Baku for work next weekend! slipped up there

but back to proper sport – just watched WynTV, got my all fired up for the race! cant wait

P-Jay
    Free Member

Are they racing Sat or Sun this year?

I’m sofa bound with a sore knee so this is great news.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Friday 26 April
    • 08:30-11:45 // Official Downhill Training – Group B
    • 12:00-15:15 // Official Downhill Training – Group A
    • 15:30-17:00 // Downhill Timed Training Session (World Cup Top 60 Men Elite, Top 15 Women Elite, Top 10 Men Juniors and Top 3 Women Juniors)
    • 17:00-17:45 // On Foot Downhill Course Inspection – Riders and Teams

Saturday 27 April
    • 08:30-10:00 // Official Downhill Training – Group B
    • 10:15-11:45 // Official Downhill Training – Group A
    • 12:15 // Seeding Run – Junior Women
    • 12:30 // Qualifying Round – Junior Men
    • 13:30 // Qualifying Round – Elite Women
    • 14:00 // Qualifying Round – Elite Men

Sunday 28 April
    • 08:15-09:15 // Official Downhill Training – Junior Women, Junior Men, Elite Women
    • 09:45 // Final – Junior Women
    • 10:15 // Final – Junior Men
    • 11:00-12:00 // Official Downhill Training – Elite Men
    • 12:30 // Final – Elite Women
    • 13:30 // Final – Elite Men

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Are they racing Sat or Sun this year?

Meribor race day is Sunday but I think for the rest of the season they swap race day with the XC guys.

coomber
    Free Member

The STW youtube channel said Hart has been beaten by Walker in most of pre-season races?

Cannot wait for this. So many interesting things to look at. French domination to continue? Gee and Rachel on the Atherton bikes, Shaw getting some luck, Greenland pushing on, Seagrave really pushing for wins, new bike again for Gwin.

Should be brilliant. Hope whatever the conditions, it’s the same for all. Slightly spoilt (for me) the start of last season when the first few races were so different top to bottom as riders went out.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hype hype! Gwin and Atherton to win!

sharkattack

The STW youtube channel said Hart has been beaten by Walker in most of pre-season races?

Yeah but it’s only 2 races. The British round at Rheola and Maribor IXS last weekend. He must have levelled up in the off season. Hopefully Danny will be back to his downright dangerous best on Sunday. Surely the best rider to watch when he’s absolutely frothing for it.

yoshimi

Just been watching #cathrovision – course looks ready to churn up:)

Also, we’ve (we the UK) got Mikayla Parton riding her first WC…straight in Elite!

Has everyone done their fantasy DH on Pinkbike?

geex
    Free Member

it’s forecast to rain for finals!

YAAASSSS !!!

dannyh
    Free Member

I’d like to see Jack Moir do well and stay injury free this year.

AlexSimon

What’s going on with the Gee Course Preview. I keep seeing links to it and they’re all dead!

scuttler

As Town get relegated from the Premier League (see Soccerball thread) come on the mad Huddersfield bastard!

AlexSimon
    frogstomp

What’s going on with the Gee Course Preview. I keep seeing links to it and they’re all dead!

Can’t see it elsewhere, but it is on the Red Bull Bike Facebook page.

Timed training is up on PB (along with a RW gondola interview with Finn Iles).. not sure you can read much into it though (as ever!) as the weather is likely to change come Sunday.

AlexSimon

oooh ta frogstomp – looks great!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Course preview is up on Pinkbike.

dirkpitt74

Just watched Gee’s course preview – what a track!
    Looking forward to Sunday.
    Those roots & clay are gonna be horrendous in the wet.

sharkattack

Ooh Baby I like it RAW

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Ben Cathro given more than 3 minutes on course for his preview is good.

sharkattack

I’m really hoping Luca Shaw gets the little bit of luck he needs after those storming nearly runs last year

Out with a broken collar bone. Gutted for him.

AlexSimon

Quali times are up.
    Live timing here:
    https://prod.chronorace.be/angular/results.html#/uci/event/20190327_dh/DHI/ME/dh/2/res

I wont spoil it for a couple of hours

AlexSimon

Hearing that it rained during qualis so that has probably affected results

mark90
    Free Member

Believe it started raining at end of womens quali so track conditions will be changing during the mens. Hopefully consistent track conditions for all tomorrow.

timbog160

Well that was a bit excruciating for Minnaar in the preview. Also has Warner got a new job as a Swiss policeman?!😂

geex
    Free Member

that was awesome!
    (Minnaar. not Luigi’s facial hair)

daviek

Is Greg not racing tomorrow? Im away with work and the internet is slow to nonexistent so looking this up isnt as easy as it should be. Didnt see his name on the list of qualifying times and with last years injuries i dont think hes a ptotected rider any more

jam-bo

Saw on Instagram, Minaar didn’t make the cut for the first time in 20yrs of racing.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Notable riders who won’t be racing tomorrow:

• Greg Minnaar
    • Phil Atwill
    • Wyn Masters
    • Greg Williamson
    • Kade Edwards
    • Jackson Frew
    • Thomas Estaque
    • Florent Payet
    • Matthew Walker (NZL)
    • Max Hartenstern
    • Henry Fitzgerald
    • Bruce Klein
    • Magnus Manson
    • Angel Suarez

Well… that’s my fantasy league **** ha ha

dirkpitt74

Gutted for Phil Atwill, Wyn Masters and Greg Minnaar – can’t believe the GOAT isn’t racing tomorrow!

sharkattack

Go on then, I’ll put a tenner on Gwin equalising Minnaar’s record. I reckon he’ll surpass it this season anyway, he’s got 8 opportunities to do it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘DH is back!!’ is closed to new replies.