Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DH cranksets on a budget
  • fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

to replace a saint with bent chainring tabs – anything better than a zee at £75?
    must have an 83mm bb

Northwind

Old used saint?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Northwind +1

Or RaceFace Diablous will sort-of fit the same BB if it’s an aftermarket one (they won’t preload the shaimno BB properly).

Or plenty of cheap Truvative/FSA options.

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

I’d rather go new for warranty purposes but will give them a look cheers

cx_monkey

I’ve got a saint 83mm chainset sat doing nothing if you’re interested. One careful owner that rides like a pussy and barely ever got the wheels off the ground….

jimmy748

DMR axe £59 at Winstanleys.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can’t argue with Zee or a Sh Saint from someone you trust.

If I was going to moan at Shimano cranks, it’s if they ever come loose (over loading the pre-load seems to do it) no amount of tighening will ever get them to stay on again.

finbar
    Free Member

L&M.

mashr

fourfivesixfiftyb

I’d rather go new for warranty purposes but will give them a look cheers

Is warrantying Saints even a thing? You can pretty much bet that most being sold have never been anywhere close to the forces they were designed for. You could buy 2 sets so you have your own private crash replacement scheme

mehr
    Free Member

Zee, shame you weren’t looking over Christmas chain reaction had them for £37

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ve got some 83mm Zee I bought in error off eBay. Pretty good condition.. could post photo’s…
    Keep meaning to sell … (as all present bikes are 73) so yours for a reasonable price.

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

@stevextc – some pics please and a price

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

@cx_monkey – pics also please

strangey13
    Free Member

I’ve a set of used Truvativ I took off a bike I bought if you’re after a cheap set.

stevextc
    Free Member

@fourfivesixfiftyb
    Hadn’t thought up a price… can see what I paid on ebay or see what Hive reckon is fair.

I’ll hijack the kids insta for pics … unless better option? Can just email if you prefer – up to you?

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

@stevextxc email pics to workmrjackson@gmail.com pls

@strangey
    -same pls plus a price too

stevextc
    Free Member

Email sent … and found I paid £30 + P&P which I considered a good win so happy to pass on for the same.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DH cranksets on a budget’ is closed to new replies.