Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DH between FoD and Cwmcarn?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Hi, We’ve got a bit of a DH trip planned for next week, on Monday we’re riding FoD and we’re booked on the uplift at Cwmcarn on Wed. Can anyone recommend any good DH riding for the Tuesday? Thanks.

thefod
    Free Member

You could alway try a bit of 4X at Redhill, not to far from the FoD,
    http://www.redhillextreme.co.uk
    Good fun if the weathers ok and good for jumping 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member
    Rickos
    Free Member

You could push up lots of the old Dragon DH courses.

http://www.dragondownhill.co.uk/2004site/directions.htm

geetee1972
    Free Member

You could push up lots of the old Dragon DH courses.

Second that and suggest that Mynyyd Du would be the best choice as the uplift road is the shortest and the course is located, IIRC, between Cwmcarn and FOD. It’s also probably the best course they had.

5lab

mountain ash, rheola are both in those neck of the woods (not directly en-route) and are pretty good

prezet
    Free Member

How hard is the Cwm Carn DH? Was there a few months ago doing the singletrack stuff, but fancied a go at the DH on my BFe… although all the DH’ers were on big bouncy rigs with loads of armour. Kinda put me off.

stuartkendall
    Free Member

Wentwood is certainly between the 2 you mention. Also abercarn DH is just up the road from Cwmcarn. Mountain Ash and Gethin arent ‘too’ far from there either. Roughly 45 mins by car.

bungalistic
    Free Member

prezet nowt wrong with doing the dh route on a hardtail especially a hard hitter like the bfe, been there quite a few times on a hardtail, damned good fun. It’s pretty smooth compared to some other dh tracks i’ve ridden

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I don’t think Mynyyd Du is in any state to be ridden, or if the track is even there any more.

5lab

yeah cwm carn is a pretty easy dh track as they come. you’ll probably be fine on a xc bike. If you do the XC climb, there’s a junction (after the freeride bit) where the xc trail turns left up a short but really steep concrete thing. If you take the road, the ‘easy left’ turning, and follow that up the hill, the turning into the DH is on the right after a few miles, its got a kinda guy fawks at the top with a lid and old frame. Follow that fireroad up to the top and you’re at the top of the official dh course

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Top third of Mynydd Du has been felled now and is pretty much unrideable; I also thought that Abercarn was no more, as it was felled some time ago which is a pity, as in my opinion, it was the best / most fun Dragons track. Nowhere near as full-on as Rheola, etc., but demanding full concentration from top to bottom.

How about a detour down to Triscombe? You may be able to organise uplifts if there are enough of you (done via Triscombe Uplifts page on Facebook). It kicks the arse off the FoD and Cwm Carn.

toys19
    Free Member

We did the same thing two weeks ago – triscombe, ukbikepark, cwm carn, and then fod the week after. I would defo talk to duncan at triscombe but he needs minimum numbers to run.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DH between FoD and Cwmcarn?’ is closed to new replies.