Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dexcom Users
  • docgeoffyjones

My daughter, 7, has switched from libre to Dexcom. I want to get her a basic phone to act as the receiver as I can’t use the receiver and the pump at the same time.

I want it to be cheap, have minimal apps, or the ability to remove/disable app, minimal security features, as lots of people will need to use it, and good battery life.

I wondering if anyone new of a suitable phone or which phones worked well  or don’t work well with Dexcom.

kelvin

Which Dexcom? Different minimum phone requirements for the different transmitters.

docgeoffyjones

She is on the G6

karlp
    Free Member

My daughter 14, no pump, Libre to Dexcom G6 approx 1 Yr ago.
    Dexcom have list of compatible phones on their site. However, my daughter has Samsung A40 not listed as compatible but there is info out there on how to make other phones work with Dexcom (Google). Her phone sends all the data to my wife, me, her brother and York hospital.
    Other software they use inc. Nightscout and Xdrip.
    Note there are Facebook groups with very helpful and knowledgeable people.
    My wife and daughter know much more than me.
    Karl.

Nalla

You can build a version of the app that removes the phone compatibility check so you can use it on any android phone.

I use this as part of a closed loop and it uploads to dexcom clarity servers still so the hospital can view data if needed.

Build your own dexcom app

I use my everyday phone as receiver (Samsung note 20 ultra)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dexcom Users’ is closed to new replies.