Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Devon Dirt 2017
  • dexa

Anyone riding tomorrow ?

I’m number : 85 and will be part of a small group.( Numbers 70, 02, plus one other late entrant, number still to be issued )

We are normally towards the rear of the field ..!

bikesian65
    Free Member

Yes I am number 112 – see you at the back then!

dexa

Wicked.

Will keep an eye out for you, it would be great to meet up.

Our group is always last to start off, anyone we overtake is a psychological boost. It will be Spiderman’s 6th year, my 4th and Tony’s 1st.

See you tomorrow.

bikesian65
    Free Member

Well that was good day out – bit of bike pushing involved especially the climb uo to Manaton and Simms hill nearly finished me off! – Cracking weather though 🙂

OCB
    Free Member

Ah, so that’s why I passed so many [numbered] bikes grinding that last bit up to Manaton today (as I was on my way down it).

You’re right, the weather was great!

bikesian65
    Free Member

Did you ride the course in reverse ? ( better that way it was murder the wrong way round!)

OCB
    Free Member

Ha, not intentionally – I did seem to criss-cross it quite a bit tho’ now I’ve looked at the route. I had been seeing little CTC signs everywhere, but assumed they were just left over from something that’d been at gone. I might well have ridden it had I realised it was on, (but being organised enough in advance isn’t a strong point for me).
    😉

bikesian65
    Free Member

Oh well threes always next year – what bike were you on the Peregrine or the Swift ?
    ( Singular owner here 🙂 )

dexa

It was a good day out, made some new friends, plenty of cake. I like Simms hill the other way round, not sure if many made it up all the way…! Knees are a little sore today but otherwise all ok. Shame we did not meet up, but there is always next year.

bikesian65
    Free Member

Dexa – yes sorry to have missed you, will have to try again next year – May well have rode together at some point and not known it – will have a look at the photos to see – I got about 1/4 way up sims hill , there was some guy on a santacruse of some sort who got 3/4 of the way up ! ( and then he left me for dead on the big road hill before the finish , the one that went on for ever ! )

My knees are throbbing away to day so its reassuring to know that its not just me (getting old ! ) – dread to think how the 2 single speeders that I saw ( a Kona Unit and a Jones Plus) are suffering today

OCB
    Free Member

@bikesian65

Ah, neither.
    I was out on my Osprey …
    😀

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I left the wheels in the garage for the day and was walking with my other half, there were a lot of tired looking people on the Old Manaton Road as we walked down it, and Sims the wrong way is near impossible even in good conditions!

Well done all.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

p.s. If the guy is on here that seemed keen to sell his Mondraker on the first sharp right hand corner after the bridge, drop me a message, lol.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Devon Dirt 2017’ is closed to new replies.