Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Destroying the Peak District trails, help required
  • richpips
    Free Member

I rode Roych Clough last weekend. Its actually ok. I was expecting a Chapel Gate surface

Roych Clough, (South head to Rushup) has had loads of stuff done over the years, and some low key bits recently.

The original approach was to fill the sunken track, no ravine would be more accurate in parts. This initially made the track more rideable, but of course weathered over time. It’s still mostly good and rideable, if you go for the challenge line there’s still fun to be had. There are few who make it fom bottom to top without pushing.

There are other choices now. You can follow the sunken track, or there’s a “trail centre” line covered in some non local stone gravel.

<Aside> The chapel gate track has been tarmaced for far longer than we have ever ridden bikes up there. Iirc there was a forces thing up there a long time back. </Aside>

richpips
    Free Member

Update from DCC rights of way officer.

After receiving your enquiry a site inspection has taken place and I can confirm that Public Footpath 7 is obstructed between its junction with Bridleway 5 & 6, as a result of a woodland planting scheme implemented by the PDNPA. I’m currently working with the National Park Authority to address matters and as soon as I have more information to offer, I’ll contact you again.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Destroying the Peak District trails, help required’ is closed to new replies.