Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Despite Christmas and my birthday it's been a sh!t week because…
  • jamj1974

On Monday in an ‘award winning’ car park for vehicle and customer security, my car was driven into causing £1200 damage – I’ve only had it 8 months… To top it, today in the same car park my car was vandalised with white wood gloss paint.

Great how people respect the possessions of others…

project
    Free Member

What city or car park, sadly there are a lot of people still out there with a chip on their shoulder and resent some haveing something they dont

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Does the Carpark have CCTV…Most do

Kevevs
    Free Member

if it was a private supermarket carpark there will be 2 or 3 cameras that constantly record. You’d be surprised how much info you could get hold of!

rob2
    Free Member

That sucks. At morrisons car park in burnham on sea some ***t smacked their door into mine leaving a huge dent then just drove off. I just don’t get some people.

Hope 2013 is better for you sir

nealglover
    Free Member

If its an Award Winning Carpark, the bare minimum they must surely have is full coverage CCTV.

bruk

That is bloody annoying, had big dents left in wing before and car park were useless.

However sometimes you can get lucky, I was parked in garden centre car park getting Xmas tree. Was just fixing tree and toddler in place when someone drove into parked car in worst attempt at parking I have ever seen. They got out and had a look then jumped back in and legged it.

Took their reg number and car type and colour. Left a note under damaged car and the chap rang me. Police got involved and turns out chap came round, offered to pay for damages and apologised etc.

Hope the car park do provide some help.

jamj1974

Thanks for the kind words -it all helps when you need to vent!

It was in Sutton Coldfield and despite said award winning – does not have CCTV on all levels. To be fair the car park staff were very helpful, but without CCTV there is not much they could do.

Here is indeed to (In car terms) a better 2013!

J

belugabob
    Free Member

Which roof rack fits a Xmas tree & a toddler?

Seriously though, sorry to hear the OP’s story – let’s hope that the responsible parties are caught.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Stuff like this boils my pi$$.

Here’s a bloke that’s worked hard to buy a nice car, or even if its a company car he still works for it, and some effing rrrrshole thinks it’s OK to run into it and drive off, or funny to pour paint on it. People like that really do need a good hiding.
    You have my sympathy, OP.

It’s all about attitude. I was sitting in my car (early for an interview) in a car park a few weeks ago and this 4×4 pulls up next to me. Someone gets out and bangs the door into mine. They had at seen me.. I roll down the window “Excuse me, would you mind not clouting my car please”
    “Oooh sorry” was the very sarcastically blunt reply as they wandered off. They didn’t give a shit. Now, there was no damage done but that’s really not the point. I did feel like leaving a nice toe sized dent in their door to be honest.

rp16v
    Free Member

Tbh id of expected to come back to a flat tyre or note for the bill of repair my screen

grantway
    Free Member

For what its worth an award winning park near me
    had a couple near murders and a few rapes happened in the park whilst
    the local council was trying to win the award.

argoose
    Free Member

It’s all greed, car parks are there to make money. Either by paying for the space or getting more cars into set area to maximize foot fall in your shop.
    All making for smaller spaces and zombie shoppers not taking extra care to use them.
    As for the paint,you said you’ve not long had car, was it previously owned by twunt and someone trying to settle old grudge, and you copped for it unfortunately.

jamj1974

Car was mine from new – so only me driving it so far, hopefully I have not given people reason to do something like that!

argoose
    Free Member

Just a thought. Hopefully it’s not an unlucky car,had one of them, not fun.

jamj1974

My last one was one of those ^^

rudebwoy
    Free Member

did you cut someone up ?

heckler73
    Free Member

2 incidents in short while sounds too much of a coincidence that, dent common stuff, but to get painted same week ?? hmmm sounds like youve upset someone jami

Klunk
    Free Member

the cctv should show all cars in and out, £1200 worth of damage should show up as a “difference” in the before and after shots of the culprits car ?

Duggan

Do car-parks really win awards?

project
    Free Member

Do car-parks really win awards?

only if they pay enough to join some club or assosiation

fattyre500
    Free Member

Car Park Award Categories:

Most piss poorly laid out.
    Smallest.
    Roughest surface.
    Tightest parking spaces.
    Most expensive parking fees.

..and finally the green energy saving award for the car park which saves the most electricity by being poorly lit and having the cctv turned off for 99% of the **** time !!!

Woody
    Free Member

hopefully I have not given people reason to do something like that!

That was my first thought, as once is an ‘accident’ but paint damage so closely after is suspicious.

Maybe the person who drove into your car the first time blamed you for being parked invisibly and came back to exact revenge. Who can fathom the mindset of these moronic twunts.

revs1972
    Free Member

I always try to park drivers door to drivers door when its a tight space car park as drivers generally have a bit more respect for others cars ( i have mostly found its the passengers that tend to fling the doors open)

simonside
    Free Member

CCTV from carparks isnt the be all and end all. My wife was assaulted and it was caught on camera. They couldnt recognise the bloke from the footage, despite the fact his face was exposed(he was known, it was just to id the sod)

JonBoy
    Free Member

Jamj, I live in Sutton. Which car park do you mean?

jamj1974

The Mall aka the Gracechurch. Also, I only visit the place occasionally so it would be a really opportune revenge. I also most often park driver door to driver door – it seems like common sense, especially in tight spaces.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Despite Christmas and my birthday it's been a sh!t week because…’ is closed to new replies.