Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Despite all my best efforts I became an accident statistic last night
  • GrahamS

Yeeeesh nasty one. Get well soon OP and don’t feel bad for hitting the guy’s insurance: that’s what it is there for.

that is an impressive array of lighting and visibility equipment!
    Even more baffling you were hit!

It’s stories like this that make me think that maybe it isn’t always a bad thing to deploy a super dazzling 6000 lumen retina-scorcher pointed directly at driver eye-level.

Maybe something like this:

But then I come to my senses and realise that even if they were temporarily blinded, some drivers would just pull out anyway. 😕

sobriety
    Free Member

But then I come to my senses and realise that even if they were temporarily blinded, some drivers would just pull out anyway.

I had a cyclist (properly kitted out, not just a man on a bike) do this to me when I left my lights on high beam by accident. Apparently they were so bright that he was dazzled and just pulled out. I asked if he did that in his car, he said ‘yes’ I started swearing at that point!

Vortexracing

Hope you are on the mend.

I have started using a headtorch, in my case a 400 lumens Exposure Sirius, to try and make it obvious I’m there, but like the OP says, when it’s your turn , it’s your turn.

The other thing I seem to have started doing is looking to see if there is a car behind me, because for some reason I think there is less chance of them pulling out on me if there is a big lump of metal following behind and they see that.

anybody else think that?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BlobOnAStick

I’ll repeat this (posted it on here before somewhere):

I’ve started pointing one light up my chest from my crossbar, to try and show ‘the person behind the light’ and provide a lit area that is bigger than the area of the reflector itself. I think it’s working, I got a ‘good idea’ nod from a fellow cyclist this evening. I don’t think it will mix well with glasses though.

It appears I’m not the only person to have this thought: http://www.lightrider.co.uk

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Despite all my best efforts I became an accident statistic last night’ is closed to new replies.