Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • “Designer” vertical radiators.
  • zilog6128

Whoever fitted a vertical radiator in a bathroom seems to have been unaware of the existence of heated towel rails.

not really as we seem to have one of those too, although funnily enough tend to use it for towels 🤣

mick_r

You can get “designer” ones with / without the convector fins on the back – on otherwise identical rads, just that one change makes a massive difference to the quoted output figures. Probably also need to check the fins are orientated correctly for vertical / horizontal installation.

Northwind

Standing up against a vertical radiator is a special joy that probably can’t be recreated any other way, unless you’re a kebab. I want to get 3 of them and put them in a C shape and just live in it

geomickb
    Free Member

Thinking I might try one of these, any thoughts:

https://ukradiators.com/sphera-anthracite-vertical-column-radiator-h1800mm-x-w507mm-2-column.html

Anyone used ukradiators?

hoodoo
    Free Member

It almost feels counter intuitive but I think the idea is to supply heat to the coldest area of the room.

prettygreenparrot

For heat output check the delta reported for the BTUs.

I found numerous ‘designer’ radiators reported a 60C delta T while some reported both 50C and 60C delta T.

northernmatt

Anyone used ukradiators?

I think a few guys I know have used them. I haven’t heard anything which usually means it’s all fine, if they were crap they’d make a noise.

chiefgrooveguru

We’ve got a load of Milano Windsor radiators in the house, replacing the very utilitarian square variety, some finned, some not, but also adding radiators where we’ve extended out back and up. Four out of eight are vertical. They work well but I’d recommend oversizing all of them. And because we added three radiators and a towel rail and because all the radiators contain more water, we’ve had to add an extra expansion vessel (a larger boiler may be fine). They really do look so much better, especially on coloured walls where you can see through them.

geomickb
    Free Member

Just ordered 3 NG ones off Amazon. Hope I don’t regret it. They had the sizes I want in stock.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘“Designer” vertical radiators.’ is closed to new replies.