Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Desert Island (roast) Dinners
  • brakes
    Free Member

Lots of love for beef I see. Something I can never really understand, cos it doesn’t really taste of anything, it just tastes like ‘meat’.

90% of beef is like that, you need to find the good well-hung stuff.

IHN

90% of beef is like that, you need to find the good well-hung stuff

Yeah, maybe. But the best 10% of beef will not be as tasty as 90% of lamb. Lamb is da roastyshizzle, fo sho.

DezB
    Free Member

Can I have a time machine first? I’ve not really enjoyed a roast dinner since my Gran’s back in the early 80s. So if I can go back to then, I’ll have Grannie’s –
    Roast beef, yorkshires, roast spuds, swede, peas n carrots.
    If not I’ll go for the curry, ta.

aP
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Can I have a time machine first? I’ve not really enjoyed a roast dinner since my Gran’s back in the early 80s. So if I can go back to then, I’ll have Grannie’s –
    Roast beef, yorkshires, roast spuds, swede, peas n carrots.
    If not I’ll go for the curry, ta.

Forget that – what music to go with it?

DezB
    Free Member

At me Gran’s? Was usually Radio 1 Chart rundown on a Sunday eve.

tomhoward

Fore rib of beef, aged for as long as possible, with ripples of fat, ideally corn fed, ideally wagyu breed
    Mashed spuds, much butter.
    Carrots
    Peas
    Giant Yorkshire pud
    Gravy, proper, crude oil thickness
    Mustard

honeybadgerx

Uncultured swines having yorkshire puddings alongside your main. Should be for starters with lashings of proper gravy.

FYI anyone who refers to them as ‘puffs’ as I’ve sometimes heard north of the border, will be first against the wall come the revolution. I’ve just re-read that sentence and would stress it all relates to Yorkshire puddings!

DezB
    Free Member

Should be for starters

How would you fill em up with peas, gravy and horseradish?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Apple crumble, surely?

When you could have apple pie !!

Get out … crumble indeed. 👿

But what to go with your apple PIE … ice-cream or custard ?.. I’m truly torn

slowoldman

This is going to be a mix of things I might not normally put together since I want to include my favourites.

Rib of beef, medium rare
    Pommes Dauph
    Savoy cabbage and white asparagus
    Yorkshire pud
    Horseradish
    Light gravy and has to be the produce of the roasting tray, wine and veg water. None of your granules.
    Juan Gil 18 Meses

franksinatra

i am pleased to see that everyone who has chosen beef has also added youskhire puddings.

It takes a particularly deprived type of pervert to not have have Yorkshire puds with their beef.

mikey74
    Free Member

When you could have apple pie !!

Get out … crumble indeed.

But what to go with your apple PIE … ice-cream or custard ?.. I’m truly torn

Sorry, but as much as a good apple pie is a lovely thing, an apple crumble is on a whole new level of loveliness. You could even throw in some seasonal berries as well. Oh, and fresh cream to go with.

llama

Chicken
    Roasts
    Carrots and cabbage
    Some other roasted root veg
    Gravy made the boring old roux in the pan style. Glossy, dark, double cream consistency. A jus doesn’t cut it.
    Red wine (get lost with your white with chicken lies)

Crumble and custard

slowoldman

Well if we’re adding afters, I’ll go Bread and Butter pud. A good one though, none of your stale bread and burnt raisins nonsense.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Rib of beef, rare
    Roasties
    Mash (actual spuds)
    Pass, don’t eat any other “roast dinner” veg
    Horseradish
    Yorkies
    Gravy – thick and dark
    Sparkling Shiraz- it’s my secret shame which I rarely indulge but if there’s nobody else on the island then it’s game on!

Chocolate tart, vanilla ice cream.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Desert Island (roast) Dinners’ is closed to new replies.