Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Derren Brown
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I thought the wednesday one didn't have an audience and was live?

Jakester
    Free Member

Cheesyfeet – Member
    I thought the wednesday one didn't have an audience and was live?

I dunno – I didn't see the thing on Wednesday 😳

Even allowing for that, I'd have thought there would be some transmission delay on a "live" program anyway, but that's just me being cynical.

I wonder if you can Van Eck phreak the lottery machine? 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

if that delay was true and there was the chance of DB doing it, do you not think there'd be thousands of winners every draw? 😕

joemarshall
    Free Member

As I understand it, the Lottery show is actually recorded at 8ish, and broadcast later.

No it isn't. Urban myth. It's live.

I think he probably had someone in the audience who fed the numbers to him beforehand – Occam's razor: the simplest explanation is usually the best.

There isn't an audience.

Even if it was broadcast 'live' there would probably be a five-minute transmission delay on the lottery broadcast, so as to allow for any hitches/mad nudist audience members/Shaun Ryder, so that would still provide enough time to set up the actual, directly live, Derren Brown thing.

There isn't an audience, and there isn't a transmission delay (well there will be a 2 second or something digital transmission delay, but not the 10 minutes or so you'd need to do this. The BBC & Camelot have had spokespeople on every news program saying this for the last couple of days, so I imagine it is true.

You're completely missing the point though, delay is completely irrelevant, there is no mystery as to how he got hold of the numbers. He got the numbers by watching the lottery show, same as anyone else did. The mystery is in how he got the numbers onto the balls in the 20 seconds between finding them out, and turning round the balls.

If he'd have known the numbers in advance, he'd have shown them in advance. The fact he only showed the numbers after the draw, just demonstrates that they were not on the balls until after the draw and he didn't actually know them until after the draw.

Joe

Onzadog
    Free Member

No, if he knew the number before, he'd have bought a ticket!

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Maybe there were no numbers, and it's all in our minds?

ooooooohhhhhh

PJ266
    Free Member

Maybe there were no numbers, and it's all in our minds?

Mind = Blown.

waihiboy
    Free Member

its all a load of bollox really isn't it…

later tonight he is going to explain how he did it AND how we can ALL do it.

the only way i can see that they did it is the split screen trickery, but thats not his style is it really.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Derren Brown’ is closed to new replies.