Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Derby Rims
  • Gee76
    Free Member

You lucky man. Lookin fwd to the ride reports.

How much are GS selling the rims for?

Gee76
    Free Member

Sorry justvsaw your old post TLR. Is that £400 for the pair?

Exchange rates quite favourable at the mo!.

bigjim

Hmm interested in the light bicycle ones.

Gee76
    Free Member

Turns out they’re $180 in the end.

m_t_b
    Free Member

Got mine from gravity sports and just waiting for spokes to arrive so I can build them up. Main benefit I can see is that I can get a very stiff wheel, a better profile on tyre and run a narrower tyre but still have as much in contact with the ground. Should lose quite a bit of rotating weight as well from the carbon and narrower tyre.
    If LB are now doing them I may of gone that way as I have a feeling that is where these originated from. Plus you can do your own graphics which is a nice touch.

the_lecht_rocks

waiting for spokes too 🙁

Gee76
    Free Member

What spoke config did you go for in the end?

the_lecht_rocks

Silver hope hubs, black dt comps and silver lock nips

Gee76
    Free Member

Nice, I love the silver on the hope hubs. I quite like DT hubs at the mo so I’ll be building them up.

Gonna try Revs and 28 holes too. I think the added stiffness should hold up fine. Worked ok on my 26″ light bicycle carbon wheel builds. I’ll see how it translates to 29″

nedrapier

While we’re on a wide rims, thing, can I slightly hijack and ask what my options might be for a fairly lightweight 35mm+ 26″ rim?

Got my eye on the 2.75″ Surly Dirt Wizards…

honourablegeorge

Syntace are selling their W35 rims separatley now – not cheap though

http://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p37253_W35-Disc-Felge-.html?xtcr=3&xtmcl=w35

nedrapier

Hmmm, I’d only seen those as a built wheel when I was looking yesterday, thanks. Definitely not cheap for an alu rim, is it?

Gee76
    Free Member

Like the Syntace rims and glad they’re doing em seperately now.

I am sure a few other manufacturers were looking at doing them in some of the interbike reports.

Pretty much the same price as Light Bicycle Carbon rims tho.

the_lecht_rocks

Loads of faff, skinned knuckles and a fair old sweat on, but after warming the wheels and tyres up last night and using inner tubes to seat the new tyres bead, I got the sorted out tubeless this morning and took them for a spin.
    Incredibly direct wheels, feedback is DIRECT. Tyre profile is FAT and nicely profiled and I expect at super low pressures in drier conditions they will stick like…….
    Thank to dipper at gravity sports for his enduring efforts…… 😉

IMAG0408 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

IMAG0406 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

Chainline
    Free Member

Like it.

the_lecht_rocks

It’s something else Phil. The wheels have improved what was already an impressive machine. The rear shock action is a bit wooden at the moment, needs a tune, but in warner drier weather, it’ll be some machine !

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Derby Rims’ is closed to new replies.