Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Depress me, fox nude and fox Trunnion shocks
  • towzer

Does anybody know what the differences are, from what I can see it’s specific to Scott but other manufacturers are now making nude. I have tried google but I just want to know if a standard Trunnion will fit instead of a nude

Presumably it’s yet another standard…..

Ta

hols2
    Free Member

I Googled Fox Nude. Need to have a lie down.

BearBack
    Free Member

Heres my take.
    The “Nude” is a continuing iteration of Scotts proprietary shock system whereby they are able to open/close off various parts of the shock to create user selectable shock stroke and in turn, reduce shock travel and have 3 different travel/sag settings based on the bar lever position.

Since DT started out with the Nude on the V1 Spark platform, Fox have come on board to be the development partner and produce the product. Nude isn’t Fox branding.
    DT likely being the OG partner because of Nino and the Scott factory XC team contracts.

The current generation Spark, Genius and Ransom all have trunion mount shocks.
    Spark RC 165×40,
    Spark 165×45,
    Genius 185×55 and
    Ransom 205×65.
    You could install any non piggy back, air trunion shock in the Spark and Genius.
    The Ransom allows for air and coil piggy back shocks.
    You can install these as you wish but will loose the TC (“traction control” shortened travel) mode.
    I have a project Genius Tuned frameset on the go but can no get my hands on a Nude TR for it

Cheaper/lower model numbers might have X-fusion “Nude” shocks, but I think mid range bikes missed the 3 position travel option with some just running a Fox Float/DPS style shock instead.
    Model Spec is currently:
    Nude TR (with adjustable volume switch for higher spec Ransom/Genius models)
    Nude (T) Evol
    Float DPS Evol
    X-Fusion Nude

Nino and Kate may or may not run a Sram developed Nude, but that probably isn’t available beyond Scott/Sram athletes aside from the Spark repro team/Sram signature bikes available to the consumer at eyewatering money.

As far as I know, there isn’t another bike manufacturer using a Nude shock.

Similar to the V1/V2 genius and V1 Ransom using the “Equalizer” pull shock developed with DT Swiss. Designer Peter Denk left Scott for Cannondale and designed another pull shock bike and Fox developed the Dyad shock for that manufacturer.

TL:DR, yes a standard trunion will fit if you get the right size.

towzer

Thanks, it was about long term ownership, the nude is scarcer and priced at £650 the only place I’ve found it, some Oem trunnions, new bike removals, are for sale as low as £110

I found this – https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/page/twinloc, so I’ll be trying using tc mode for ‘just riding along’ to see if I can feel a difference, instead of leaving it in descend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Depress me, fox nude and fox Trunnion shocks’ is closed to new replies.