Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Depp and Heard – please just go away
  • hols2
    Free Member

I was hoping this thread would vanish, but it just seems to keep popping back up. Must be a lot of interest out there for vicious celebrity gossip.

MoreCashThanDash

Erm, Depp seems the nuttier of the pair by a clear margin

I wouldn’t be so sure about that

He’s certainly been more open about his problems, and as the far more famous one of the two, the Press have been happy to report his “issues”

DickBarton

From what I can gather, this now does appears to be like watching a car-crash in slow motion. Doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the News article now…which I’m sure the newspaper that is being sued is delighted about!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

They both seem like lovely people.

At least there aren’t any kids involved.

Cougar

It’s really bizarre behaviour isn’t it.

… starting a thread about something you want people to stop talking about.

Cougar

My 2p,

I know nothing about this other than the snippet I caught on the news last night which was the first I’d heard of it. As far as I can tell the accusation is that that he’s given her a slap, his defence is “no I didn’t,” whilst admitting to a drink and drugs habit that would kill Keith Richards. Which rather begs the question, how can he know for sure?

Who’s Molly? Sounds like she’s a popular girl.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Dunno. Someone should write a song about it or something.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Who’s Molly?

Welsh.
    Penchant for dressing up as Captain America.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Drives a passat yeah?

IdleJon

Depp has a history of serious drug abuse and throwing tantrums too.

Going back to around the time that Heard was born – she can’t have been unaware of this?

And OT:

Can we stop using the word retard pls. Thanks.

Why? Is there a group of people proudly using the tag ‘retard’?

chakaping
    Free Member

A quick Google would show you why it’s not a nice word to use, if you have time?

manic78
    Free Member

Colournoise, YES! A Pip fan!!

Cougar

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/retard

Usage notes
    Through the euphemism treadmill, the term retard (which originated as a neutral substitute for the terms that had previously designated those with disabilities, namely idiot, imbecile, and moron) has come to be considered offensive; see Wikipedia for more. In a 2003 survey by the BBC, retard was voted the most offensive word relating to disability, followed by spastic.

There’s a link on that article to “euphemism treadmill” if you need that explaining too.

Fun fact, I got my first ever warning on STW for using it like ten years ago. Unless you’re Riti Sped it’s generally considered pretty unpleasant.

mattyfez

I’ve always liked Johnny Depp, mainly because of films like Blow, and fear and loathing, the latter he portrayed Hunter S Thomson and apparently went to live with him for quite a while.

So I don’t doubt his drink/drug taking is/was right up there at Keith Richards, Steven Tyler and Slash levels of insanity.

I’d like to believe he’s not the wife beater he’s been made out to be, I think maybe the truth will lay somewhere in the middle and they had a mutually antagonistic toxic relationship.

hols2
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Johnny Depp, mainly because of films like Blow, and fear and loathing

His early stuff was very good – Edward Scissorhands, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Benny and Joon. I thought Fear and Loathing was ok, but if I wasn’t a Hunter Thompson fan, I’d probably have no idea wtf it was about. He seemed to give up proper acting and kept making OTT pretentious movies that were mostly just silly. I guess the Pirates movies were good kids’ movies, but I watched the start of the first one and gave up. The Willy Wonka thing was really creepy. I can’t remember the last time I had any desire to watch one of his movies.

mattyfez

Oh yeah, I forgot about What’s eating Gilbert Grape, really lovely film.

Rango was very good as well, I thought.

jamj1974

For a moment I first read this as:
    “Deep and Hard”! 😵

timbog160

I’m not usually into this sort of thing (!) but I’m actually finding this story quite fascinating. They must really hate each other to be doing this in public.

mattyfez

I’m not usually into this sort of thing (!) but I’m actually finding this story quite fascinating. They must really hate each other to be doing this in public.

I think he’s just suing a tabloid newspaper for defamation/libel if I read it correctly, but it’s dragged his ex into it as chief witness.

And of course the tabloids are running the ‘story’, as it sells papers/subscriptions.

tpbiker
    Free Member

So I don’t doubt his drink/drug taking is/was right up there at Keith Richards, Steven Tyler and Slash levels of insanity.

I wasn’t aware depp was a massive drug fiend. Is that a recent thing?

All I remember about him is he use to be an ok bloke. Remember when he rocked up to a school completely unannounced dressed as captain Jack as a kid had asked him to arrange a mutiny in the school..thing appear to have gone downhill reasonably quickly since then!

mattyfez

errm… have you seen his older films? 😀

I think he took method acting a bit too far to be honest, no quite as far as Heath ledger, but…

mattyfez

That’s not to say he’s done anything wrong, mind, but yes I’m sure he’s experienced in that kind of thing.

Drac

He’s been very open about it for years long before Captain Jack.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Never knew that..I know he had battered through a bit of coke in his youth, but didn’t know he was up there with the Steven Tyler’s if this world (who apparently snorted 6 million quid worth!!)

Off topic but..Read an interesting artical about mick fleetwood recently..apparently he worked out if he lined up all the lines of coke hed done in to one long line, it would have been 7 miles long!!!

colournoise

Colournoise, YES! A Pip fan!!

At least two of us out here then!

tjagain

For a moment I first read this as:
    “Deep and Hard”! 😵

me too!

hols2
    Free Member

Finally got round to doing a bit of research into the matter, the shitting the bed thing wasn’t as sexy as it sounded. FFS, if you have a party with a bunch of coked up nutters in your house, surely someone shitting the bed is just the cost of doing business.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

It seems like he’s scored a spectacular own goal on this one . Nobody who I speak to had heard anything about him being a suspected wife beater . They all have now .

leffeboy

the shitting the bed thing wasn’t as sexy as it sounded.

Ermm, I think I don’t understand sexy any more :(. 2020 is so confusing

RichPenny
    Free Member

Ermm, I think I don’t understand sexy any more 🙁

Square

roverpig

Don’t be a rectangle ?😀

CountZero

Well, he works in the Hollywood movie industry, as well as being in bands with notorious users, and Hollywood has been synonymous with drugs as long as Hollywood has been in existence, his character in Pirates… is based entirely on Keef, difficult to see how it could be missed, tbh.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m just happy to be here and give this very important topic a bump. The OP will be happy.

hols2
    Free Member

his character in Pirates… is based entirely on Keef, difficult to see how it could be missed

Yes, the resemblance is remarkable.

squirrelking
    Free Member

^ You would think being drugged up would result in more of a GIR type personality.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The Willy Wonka thing was really creepy.

Yes it was.

Wasn’t it supposed to be?

I thought Fear and Loathing was ok, but if I wasn’t a Hunter Thompson fan, I’d probably have no idea wtf it was about.

So, was Depp actually acting, or just being himself, in that film?

nicko74

It seems like he’s scored a spectacular own goal on this one . Nobody who I speak to had heard anything about him being a suspected wife beater . They all have now .

He’s not got much to lose at this point though. His former business managers ran off with his fortune/ he spent it all on islands, wineries and other fripperies; he’s basically unhireable in Hollywood because his films tank (see Mordecai), and because of his on-set behaviour (as PB reports above, insisting that everyone on set should be on MDMA while filming). There was a Vanity Fair(?) article a couple of years back on him, and although told from the angle of said business managers, it does sound like he’s gone spectacularly off the rails.

A few million quid from The Sun at this point might help his finances; and if not it may at least drum up one or two small film offers.

Cougar

^ You would think being drugged up would result in more of a GIR type personality.

Ah – he’s on mission Impending Doom 2?

plyphon
    Free Member

This one is actually a slightly more interesting case which I think, for once, does warrant the coverage it’s getting.

You’ve got Amber Heard who, for years, told tabloids and glossy magazines that Depp abused her emotionally and physically. Amber then goes on to be the face of the early Me Too campaigns, speaking out against domestic abuse and violence.

Depp’s name gets dragged through the mud, he loses millions in a settlement and his career is all but over due to the toxic associations.

It then transpires that it’s actually Amber who has been abusing Depp – Depp has come out with voice recordings (which oddly, Amber used as evidence against Depp before hand, but just cutting out the bits where she abuses Depp to make it look seriously one sided)

Amongst other things Depp accuses Amber of:
    – Shitting in their bed
    – Taking the piss out of his dead mother
    – Throwing a vase at his head

It’s one of the more interesting celebrity beefs, thats for sure.

Kuco

I think his acting went downhill once he quit 21 Jump Street 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.