Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • DEP Fidel.
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38114953
    I wonder what will happen to Cuba now.

jamj1974

I think it will stay very similar for a number of years.

RustySpanner

‘When I was a young boy, my father taught me that to be a good Catholic, I had to confess at church if I ever had impure thoughts about a girl. That very evening, I had to rush to confess my sin. And the next night, and the next. After a week, I decided religion wasn’t for me.’

bikebouy
    Free Member

Da fred title is well confuzin innit.

DrJ

Fidel has been essentially retired for a while so probably this will not much affect trends in Cuba . What those trends are is a more difficult question.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Interesting history..

onandon
    Free Member

I spent a month in Cuba earlier this year. It was my least favourite place I’ve ever visited.
    They treat their country like crap and it will probably greatly improve when the Americans move in.

RustySpanner

Ah well, at least it’s still their country, for the time being at least.

frankconway

Don’t think anything will change; bigger question is what happens when Raoul dies.

chewkw
    Free Member

Let’s hope Fidel’s brother keeps Cuba as it is to continue with his legacy.

cranberry
    Free Member
    RustySpanner

Isn’t it amazing that we don’t get executions or human rights abuses in capitalist countries?

shermer75
    Free Member

Absolutely no idea what DEP stands for

DrJ

Absolutely no idea what DEP stands for

Nor me, but three letters associated with a person’s death – I’ll hazard a guess it stands for whatever the Spanish is for RIP

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Descanse en Paz, it seems appropriate as he was a Spanish speaker.
    I kind of think that Fidel was still telling Raoul what to do. I wonder if they’ll throw things out for a public vote.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m glad I went this year as I think too much American influence will be the worst thing to happen to the country. After all that’s why there was a revolution in the first place.

rs
    Free Member

From here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/fidel-castro-dies-dead-cuba-dictator-communism-human-rights-abuses-executions-freedoms-censorship-a7440636.html

“This is a man who leaves a legacy of intolerance, of setting up a family-run dictatorship, which had no tolerance for anyone who thought differently, who set up a vicious totalitarian regime where people were persecuted for the most slight deviation from official ideology.”

I thought they were describing Trump for a second!

bikebouy
    Free Member

McDonnalds in there yet?

I give em’ 6 months tops..

ninfan
    Free Member

Isn’t it amazing that we don’t get executions or human rights abuses in capitalist countries?

Technically I think you’ll find that most of the USA’s most egregious human rights abuses were taking place in Cuba

Nipper99
    Free Member

Its a shame as Fulgencio Batista, the US puppet, was such a model of enlightened governance.

As JFK said.

I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘DEP Fidel.’ is closed to new replies.