Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Deore M596 Brakes
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Anyone got ’em? Magazines etc have raved about them. Cheap.
    I need some cheap brakes for the 29er. What could go wrong….?

sv

A mate bought a rear to replace a damaged Avid and its great, quite on/off but I liked it – good power.

righog
    Free Member

Just bought some.

Deore from Bike 24

These were the cheapest I could find in stock. Not arrived yet so cant really tell you what the are like.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Brilliant brakes, fade free and nicely weighted action on levers. Bought mine thru merlin VG value.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

I have a set on one bike and I can’t fault them – best VFM brakes out there?

mattk
    Free Member

A bit wooden, but really faff free and plenty powerful.

If I didn’t have some avids in my bits box if be putting a pair on my latest build

righog
    Free Member

Rose are cheaper but non in stock.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I’m persuaded.

frazered
    Free Member

Got em with the deore griuppo from merlin – lovely

NickScots
    Free Member

I have the older deores and never got fade in Les Deux Alpes or Alp DHuez. Work in winter up here too.

Maintenance free really.

Scamper
    Free Member

Absolute bargain from rose. Find mine plenty powerful with 180 r76 rotars and using superstar pads with no issues.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Rose bikes have the brake levers the wrong way around.

I just got a front M596 and it’s mega… solid, such amazing power, great lever adjustment, much better than my old M535. £40 from CRC

ds3000
    Free Member

11 out of 10, best brakes I’ve used for any reason you can come up with.

belugabob
    Free Member

Rose bikes have the brake levers the wrong way around.

You have to trim the hoses anyway, so swap the levers over at the same time – save some money by getting them from Rose bikes

granny_ring

Just ordered some from Merlin, with their 5% off and topback cash work out to £88ish and were in stock so only about a tenner more than the German offerings.
    Not sure which 6 bolt rotors to use tho?

lcj

Stuck a pair on a cheapish karate monkey build and they’re great, better than my older xt brakes. Much firmer feeling at the lever and a more noticeable bite point.

havinalaff
    Free Member

tweeks price matched crc with free delivery and came next day!!!!! bought mine this week.

kuman
    Free Member

I have them on my inbred 29er, can’t really fault them, plenty of stopping power, fantastic brakes, real bargain.

granny_ring

What rotors are you guys using with them?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Deore M596 Brakes’ is closed to new replies.