Deore M446 Brakes – what screw is used for the reservoir?

Home Forum Bike Forum Deore M446 Brakes – what screw is used for the reservoir?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Deore M446 Brakes – what screw is used for the reservoir?
  • Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Ages a go I bought a box of assorted small stainless steel bolts and there were some in there that fitted my old Deore brakes reservoir cap. I think it was only a fiver for a box of 200 bolts. Have a search on fleabay.

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

Hey folks,

I have Deore M446’s on my Cube, but i’ve had a little mishap and overtightend the little bolts holding the reservoir caps on and nearly rounded them off (don’t know my own strength some times). Anyone know what size torx bolt i should be looking for to replace them and the best place to buy some?

cheers

Subscriber

cheers tomaso, i’ll probably have to do something like that. Hopefully i’ll find something a bit stronger than the shimano ones

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

They don’t need much nipping up, nowhere near two grunts and groan on the human torque wrench scale :mrgreen:

Subscriber

i was chatting to my mate while doing them up, all three that were done in i just twiddled them a bit and they were screwed (pun intended). No effort involved at all, just cheap metal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Deore M446 Brakes – what screw is used for the reservoir?’ is closed to new replies.