Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dentistry tourism
  • pallyally
    Free Member

Wife needs (wants) bridge work, crown and whitening. Quoted £3500 by James Hull. Heard that it was cheaper abroad plus the opportunity for a holiday within the cost. Anyone done this? How cheaper is it in Slovakia, Poland etc? Is the quality as good? Will I save enough to get a Blur LTc??

paul4stones

It may be cheaper without going abroad . . .

glupton1976
    Free Member

I have a mate who lives in Budapest. He tells me that the dentists over there are significantly better than the ones over here and are a fraction of the price.

Rscott
    Free Member

You get good and bad dentists every where.

But hungary is very cheep for dental work, but they will pull teath out that dentist here would fix.

(have been going to Hungary for dental for 4 years now due to my other half being from Hungary.

For example 2 fillings and a crown cost me £23.

GJP
    Free Member

Just looking at my own dentists website and that sounds very expensive if we are talking 1 crown 1 bridge unit and whitening. I would have been expecting £2 – £2.5k tops?

luffy105
    Free Member

I used to go to the dentist in Val d’Isere. Granted I used to live there but a crown + root canal cost me less than £500 and fillings were only £30 or so. I always thought it would be cheaper to have a ski holiday and get the work done on the last day than go to a UK dentist. I need a new filling but going to wait until I can get to the dentists in BSM in March.

Northwind

Colleague of mine goes to Poland for hers- mind you, she’s Polish 😉 But she says she saves a fortune.

On the other hand, I had to get a bit of work repaired earlier this year so nipped down to my dentist and got it fixed for free, glad I didn’t have to go to another country.

baldSpot
    Free Member

The more work is needed, the more cost effective it is to go abroad.
    Check out dentaltravelpoland. VERY reasonable prices (50%+ cheaper).
    You have to factor in the travel and hotel and you may require return visits so I would
    Look at CEREC one day crowns if you want to do everything in 1 or 2 days.

totalshell

better still.. jack the job in and its FREE..

mogrim

In Spain a crown would be about 500€, whitening another 250€, single tooth implant about 500€ too. Not sure what a bridge would cost.

Example prices here: http://www.propdental.com/precios.php

brack
    Free Member

Interesting..

Following a failed crown..ive been told that the next course of action is an implant…

£2500 !

paul4stones

That’s just one of three or four options.

tomaso
    Free Member

UK isn’t the only country to look at dental hols
    OZ website

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dentistry tourism’ is closed to new replies.