Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DentalTrackWorld – anyone had amalgam fillings removed?
  • cinnamon_girl

Experience? Feel better for it?

Thanks. 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

why bother?

Bunnyhop

i did because my rip off dentist at the time said i needed all fillings replaced.
    however i had them replaced with amalgam as it lasts longer than white. he wasn’t happy though.

if it doesn’t need doing, don’t.

wwaswas

if it doesn’t need doing, don’t.

this.

any mercury in there is far more likely to enter your system whilst being hacked about than just sat there.

drslow
    Free Member

I have, spread it out over several months (4 in total). tips, if your whitening your teeth do it before hand to the shade you want so they can match it. Took 55 mins per tooth, roughly £150 per filling. I think it looks better but no other benefit, apart from own self-good factor, similar to most cosmetic surgery reasons.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies. It isn’t for cosmetic reasons though.

yetidave
    Free Member

I had one changed recently for non-cosmetic reasons. still not sure if the dentist was trying to make money off me, or the pre-cancerous growth was really serious.

cinnamon_girl

Shouldn’t have posted this topic obviously. 😐

DezB
    Free Member

The other day I had one removed and replaced (with the white stuff) cos the tooth was cracking.
    It was numb for a few hours, but apart from that my life is unchanged.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep all but 2, a couple were tooth reconstructions as well, they look great and and make smiling a bit better for the recipient.

paul4stones

If you’re worried about what is in the amalgam ones make sure you know what’s in the alternative . . .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DentalTrackWorld – anyone had amalgam fillings removed?’ is closed to new replies.