Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Denmark shows us the true path.
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s them taken off my Christmas Card list. Philistines.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have found Denmark’s swing to the right in recent years quite disconcerting.

But this is going too far.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bovril is the one true yeast based puree’d cow ultimate spread for toast……thingy.

kevin1911

Why on earth would they want to ban stuff fortified with vitamins? Surely vitamins are a good thing, no?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m sure if you like the taste and texture of puree’d cow pats on your toast, then it’s pretty much unbeatable.

jon1973
    Free Member

Bovril is the one true yeast based puree’d cow ultimate spread for toast

CJD on toast more like.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seems reasonable to me…. But Farleys Rusks?????

johnners
    Free Member

Bovril is the one true yeast based puree’d cow

I don’t think Bovril’s yeast-based, it’s just rendered down mechanically recovered meat.

Anyway, Vegemite’s where it’s at – Marmite’s too salty and runny and it tastes of poo.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Vegemite is Marmite’s poor inbred convict cousin

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bovril=One Cow+Blender.
    Though

In November 2004, the manufacturers, Unilever, announced that the composition of Bovril was being changed from beef extract to a yeast extract, claiming it was to make the product suitable for vegetarians and vegans

BigJohn

A few years ago Bovril was made without beef. Suitable for vega… sorry, I came over all Al Murray then, can’t bring myself to say it.

Anyway, no animal product in it at all, for a time at least. It may have changed back now, but careful – you might have a beef free one at the back of the cupboard.

maccruiskeen

Surely vitamins are a good thing, no?

tell that to Scott of the Antartic – one of the things that did for him and his colleagues was poisoning themselves with massive doses of vitamin A when they ate their dogs’ livers

LsD
    Free Member

with a fine chianti………

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

How weird, I can’t really think of a good reason to ban foodstuffs fortified with vitamins either.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Beef extract. Just think about that for a second.

donsimon
    Free Member

Having worked and seen food factories best not eat anything that you haven’t grown or produced yourself, and even then can you be sure next door’s cat hasn’t crapped on it?? Best not eat anything to be on the safe side.

TooTall
    Free Member

How weird, I can’t really think of a good reason to ban foodstuffs fortified with vitamins either.

Who cares? Banning Marmite is a positive step in any country for any reason!

uplink
    Free Member

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……………….. beef

johnners
    Free Member

In November 2004, the manufacturers, Unilever, announced that the composition of Bovril was being changed from beef extract to a yeast extract, claiming it was to make the product suitable for vegetarians and vegans

Yuck. If there’s no beef in Bovril what’s the point of the stuff? And why pander to the vegetarians and vegans, aren’t there enough vegetables around for those weirdos to eat?

oddjob
    Free Member

Explains why I can’t find Holicks here anyway.

They are sometimes a bunch of dumb a$$holes here in Denmark, but sometimes they also get it right. A good example is banning trans fats in all food.

mogrim

I’m going to stop eating their pastries as a protest. Dirty Danes, banning Marmite!

thepurist

Carlsberg don’t make yeast extracts… and if they did I wouldn’t buy the stuff because it wouldn’t be a patch on Marmite!

DrJ

I’m going to stop looking at beautiful blondes in protest, and from now on just look at British girls.

Ohh … hang on … wait a minute …

Jamie
    Free Member

I am a 31 year old Marmite virgin……

thepurist

Jamie – just spread it and hope for the best – it might be the best thing you’ve ever done, though the first time might be a bit of a struggle.

GrahamS

First they came for the Marmite,
    and I didn’t speak out because I don’t like Marmite.

Then they came for the marmalades,
    and I didn’t speak out because oranges give me a rash.

Then they came for my raspberry jam…

bikebouy
    Free Member

They’ve a great sense of humour the Danes. I know a couple of roadies and they’re a right old bundle of laughs.

Erm..

Great work ethic though, keen on “clean” foodstuffs, organic yadda yadda.. can’t see much wrong with them TBH. And someone brought up Blonds, well there are more Brunettes there than Blonds now.. Still all pretty mind, and they’re all reasonably healthy (looking at least) don’t find many fat Danes do you..and some stunning architecture, living standards…and clogs.
    Maybe they have a point banning “additives” Binning TransFats was a huge step forward, thats to be celebrated.

Still no sense of humour though.

glenp
    Free Member

That’s a great non-story then. My mate lives in Denmark, and you couldn’t buy Marmite there anyway. He takes loads of it back – now in the cargo hold, because in hnd luggage it counts a liquid which might be a bomb :roll:.

oddjob
    Free Member

agree on the no sense of humour, but my Mrs is a stunner 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

Ah ha, Denmark has done something right! For this act of great and righteous justic, I can almost forgive them Lars Ulrich.

Almost.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Denmark shows us the true path.’ is closed to new replies.