Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Demoing an On-One Fatty
  • maxray
    Free Member

Where would one go in order to have a go on one?

Getting rose tinted visions of coastal bike bivvy adventures (our solstice adventure has given me the bug) and it will fit within the cycle scheme nicely. Want to see if it is actually fun to ride though!

😀

JoeG
    Free Member

They are great fun to ride. When I ordered mine, I had never ridden any fatbike. I use mine to ride regular singletrack.

The Fatty might not be the right bike for what you have in mind, though. It was designed as a trail bike, so it doesn’t have rack or fender mounts for instance. You might want to read up on some other bikes on the MTBR fatbike forum or the UK fatbike forum (if you can get a login).

sparkyrhino

Had a blast on a fatty at Onone magna ,they are a hoot to ride, suprisingly agile,and a good looking thing in the flesh.want one!

twoniner
    Free Member

The only place I had a demo was at On-One. They just put some pedals on and I took it for a spin around the outside of the building.

They are pretty nimble and quick off the mark for something with such big wheels. They also handle really well and staedy as a rock too.

Since I have had mine it’s been weapon of choice for most of my riding. Thw 1×10 is a great set up but it does get a bit hard going on some of the steeper hills around me (Snowdonia)

They are a heavy bike, dont expect to be putting it on your shoulder for long!

I’m riding Cadair Idris in North Wales this weekend and thinking of doing it on the fatty 8)

Dont hold your breath for getting on to the Uk Fat Bike forum any time soon though 😀

muddyground
    Free Member

so it doesn’t have rack or fender mounts for instance

not a problem now that Thule have bought the rights to manufacture the pack ‘n’ pedal range 😀

ska-49
    Free Member

Sorry, thread resurrection.
    Just wondering how people are getting on with these?

I live in Colchester where everything is pretty flat. Only about 200m climb over 20km. How are these for just cycling on flat-ish stuff? Trying to work out how much slower i’ll ride. Not bothered about racing. Just want to have fun and ride for a couple hours a day. Is 30km of xc/singletrack comfortable on these bikes?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sorry, thread resurrection.
    Just wondering how people are getting on with these?

I live in Colchester where everything is pretty flat. Only about 200m climb over 20km. How are these for just cycling on flat-ish stuff? Trying to work out how much slower i’ll ride. Not bothered about racing. Just want to have fun and ride for a couple hours a day. Is 30km of xc/singletrack comfortable on these bikes?

I’ve had mine a week or so and I’m loving it!
    I couldn’t find anywhere to demo one so I just decided to go for it and I’m glad I did.

On the flat it’s great fun and really comfortable, it climbs fairly well as well but you can tell its no lightweight 😯

ska-49
    Free Member

Sounds good! Thinking of getting the rolling frame package.
    Have you noticed how much slower you are riding on flat?

dawson

Think I saw a tweet earlier that said they had 1 in the Barnsley shop that had been used 2 or 3 times and was for sale at £799 – looked brand new, might have been an ex-demo.

trout
    Free Member

Maxray
    see if you can find an owner in your area and have a spin on it
    your welcome if yorkshire is home to have a go on mine .

Had it for 5 months now and its the only bike I have rode since .
    great on the Canal towpath rode a few Dales routes and limestone decents are fun also had a couple of visits to Gisburn Forest and it was a hoot there though Hully Gully`s braking bumps were not fun .

Not keen on Tarmac with it but get it on the rough stuff and it comes alive

Taking mine for a week in the Pyrenees in sept and intend to drag it up the Tourmalet one day

twoniner
    Free Member

Buy one, they are mint and easy enough on the climbs. I’m all over Snowdonia on mine although not done Snowdon yet!

However, if you do buy be prepaired to be gorped at and asked silly questions, oh and sometimes stopped mid ride to be asked the silly questions.

singlecrack
    Free Member

They’re great …just a more relaxed style of riding ……

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The Fatty’s definitely slower than my other bikes but it was never meant to be fast. I was out on mine at Swinley on Sunday morning and didn’t have any problems keeping up with some of the other riders on the trails 😀

If you’re anywhere in the West London or Surrey area you’re welcome to gave a go on mine.

ska-49
    Free Member

Sounds exactly like what I want. Can’t go to far here without including substantial amount of road. This would be perfect for linking all the offroad loops together. It’s only about 20km. (Plus, winter is only a few months away).

Notmyrealname- thanks for the offer but I won’t be heading to swinley for sometime.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

notmyrealname – Member

The Fatty’s definitely slower than my other bikes but it was never meant to be fast. I was out on mine at Swinley on Sunday morning and didn’t have any problems keeping up with some of the other riders on the trails

Seconded, on my local flat trails it’s about 10% slower but 50% more fun.
    As mentioned before it’s a trail bike, so for beaches you will need to buy and fit a pair of Surly Larry tyres as the Floaters dig in and flick up too much sand making it hard work.

For bivi Fat bike riding look at the Mukluk or the Pugsley etc as they have rack mounts, or travel light weight

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Demoing an On-One Fatty’ is closed to new replies.