• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dell outlet scratch and dent
  • flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Looking to buy a scratch and dent laptop from dell outlet. Anyone bought any of these and what is the actual condition like against a certified refurbished condition?

mattyfez

Not had one, but from what I hear, generally quite good, as in really minor cosmetic damage to the case – just make sure the scratch isnt on the screen 😀

Andy_B

Done it twice, first was 10 years ago and the replacement last month and totally pleased each time.

benjbish

Bought one recently. Immaculate.

chvck
    Free Member

Bought one recently. Immaculate.

+1, think it was it also described as having a scratch but not noticed one.

ji
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 now, and apart from the pacakging none of them looked used at all.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

I’ve had a certified refurb from them and it was like new so was wondering about the scratch and dent as it doesn’t really go into too much detail.

As long as the screen and keyboard are fine I guess it could be worth a go.

stevious

Got a monitor from them this year and couldn’t find a mark on it.

DickBarton

Interested in this but I’ll need a few looks at it as I’m not quite sure what I’m looking at. I’ve found the machine I’m interested in but the price doesn’t match what is then listed so I n ed a few looks to work this out.

cp

I and family have had several scratch and dent. Not an identifiable mark on any of them.

ji
    Free Member

Oh and when sometjing did go wrong (a cable on the motherboard coming loose so the fingerprint sensor didnt work) they sent someone round that day with a replacement part even though it was useable without.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Good to hear of good customer service.

I’m looking to purchase an alienware laptop (used to have one years ago).

Will be used for cad work as well as gaming on it. Still undecided to buy refurb or new.

Northwind

My laptop was a scratch-n-dent, I can’t see the scratch though and there’s no dent. I think it’s largely just returns that they’re not comfortable reselling as new

IA

Have bought about 30 machines from there, all fine.

Specs can be a bit random, sometimes not specs you can normally buy which is nice. The stock updates at 1500. Look to be saving about 20-40% off retail for a higher end spec, higher end of that you’ll need to wait for one of their discount codes (always worth checking)

jkomo

Any links?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dell outlet scratch and dent’ is closed to new replies.