Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Delivery problem with Chinese Ebay seller. Am I screwed?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Bought a couple of stainless steel beer growlers off Ebay, from a Chinese seller, a few weeks ago.

I noticed on my Ebay account they are showing as delivered by Royal Mail a week or so ago.

Apparently not signed for, just delivered. The tracking also shows the parcel coming from China.

The thing is, they weren’t delivered. Now our postie is normally excellent, never had a problem before.

Where do I stand? Any chance of getting my stuff? Do  i need to chase RM? The tracking number I have is for a company called “Speedpak” not RM.

Should I just write off the £20, as part of the hazards of dealing direct with China?

Trimix
    Free Member

Given the value and the amount of time you might waste, Id probably would write it off.

weeksy

2 what ? Beer Growlers ?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few things from Chinese sellers and any problems they’ve sorted out after a quick email. You tried that?

Speshpaul

From my recent experiences I wouldn’t worry just yet. I have had items shown as delivered a couple of weeks before they turned. Drop them an email

xora

Chinese sellers tend to just send replacements when you file the not delivered claim. They make money from bulk and know a certain percentage of parcels get lost!

gobuchul
    Free Member

2 what ? Beer Growlers ?

This is a beer growler.

when you file the not delivered claim

Problem is, I don’t have that option. As Ebay also say it’s delivered.

I’ll drop them an email and probably just write it off if turns in to broken English hell.

andyl
    Free Member

Raise a not delivered ticket and ask to see proof of delivery.

colp

A few weeks delivery from a Chinese seller?

That’s so long.

amedias
    Free Member

I’ve had a very similar thing (different product though) and have a case open at the moment.

In my case the tracking is saying delivered, by Yodel, whihc is weird as it DID come from China, and was then apparently passed onto Yodel once here. Their tracking says ‘left in front porch and card left’, but the delivery address is a business address with a staffed reception desk in a building with open public access so it looks like they’ve ‘delivered’ it to the wrong place, and Yodel won’t talk to me as I’m not their customer and their systems says delivered.

Seller giving me the run around saying it’s been delivered, asking me to check the local post office etc. Now currently waiting on eBay to review and decide what to do…

Andy

Recently bought some brakes from China which showed as delivered by Royal Mail but were actually waiting for a customs payment. There is a number on the RM website you can call if haven’t received a card.

Failing that raise an item not received case within ebay

bukobuko
    Free Member

The amount of times I’ve bought stuff on ebay to then realize postage from China, Dam it.

bigblackshed

Raise a not received dispute with eBay. Follow the jumping through hoops, you will either get your money back or your growlers.

Dont sweat it. The seller has to prove that they have delivered the items.

alric
    Free Member

I just bought a phone from gearbest china 13 days ago(as my old one packed up)

I ordered with 2-4day shipping. the receipt showed 10-18 business days shipping. i asked for an upgrade to faster shipping, the did that for me(they said).

It took them a week to despatch it. It got to dhl in germany, then tracking stopped for a few days.It then was returned to hong kong.

So now I get a reply from gearbest to say dont worrry, it takes 14-23 business days. I wonder how long t will be, and if I get anything for all this waiting

Northwind

Chinese sellers will often by default offer a partial refund straight away and I think that freaks people out. If you just say no, usually a refund follows. And with low value stuff 9/10 times it’s not worth their cost to get things sent back so you often end up just being told to keep things if they arrive

(they’ll often say “return it” when you actually have an item but ebay requires them to either pay or have an in-country return address)

Ebay’s actual interfaces/processes have absolutely gone to shit, it’s clumsy and sometimes pretty awkward to do even basic stuff, but it does fundamentally work. They’ve shut down most of their comms methods too but facebook still works- not foot stampy stuff, just polite questions and PMs.

mattsccm
    Free Member

If you went through Paypal don’t expect much help there but should your PP account be linked to a credit card you may find that they are great. I had a Fitbit ordered from an English address. (or so I thought) Came from China and not quite right plus cables missing. Whinged to supplier and told to return. Nope. Not paying or trusting service. Moaned to PP who repeated that. Nope. Went to CC company who refunded after I had sent email to supplier asking for them to arranged collection.

Your CC company is your friend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Delivery problem with Chinese Ebay seller. Am I screwed?’ is closed to new replies.