Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Deliveroo motorscooterists in my area….
  • pat12
    Free Member

…all seem to be on L plates

Are they all 17 or Is this a thing??

kayak23

L-plates are nowt to do with age.

You have to have them unless you passed your car test before 2001, and have not yet done your cbt.

pat12
    Free Member

No I appreciate that

Edit: ahh that makes sense

Mister-P
    Free Member

Can’t you ride a scooter on L plates for 4 years after completing a CBT? Then just do another CBT and carry on. You never need to pass a proper test.

kayak23

I think so. Not so clued up on the rules these days as I have my car and bike licences, both passed in the nineties.

All sorts of weird little bits to licensing.

I used to like how you’d often see bikers driving Reliant Robins, as you could legally drive 3-wheelers on a bike license, and lots of bikers only had bike licenses so it was the favourite car option.

Something of a glaring difference in image. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2 years for a 125 with a cbt iirc. You lose the l plates once you do a full test.

The exception is (or at least it was when intook my test) some older licences (but not so old that mopeds are allowed without l plates) the cbt allows you to ride a moped indefinitely without l plates.

Renewing a cbt is cheaper than doing a full test, at most places its only £100-£120, whereas a bigger bike test is going to cost at least 4-5x that once you factor in training, bike hire, 2x tests and a theory. And after all that youd probably still only want a 125 for deliveroo’ing anyway.

Cougar

You have to have them unless you passed your car test before 2001, and have not yet done your cbt.

Wut? Surely you can’t go on the road at all until you’ve completed a CBT (unless it’s with an instructor as part of the CBT)? That’s what the ‘C’ stands for.

simondbarnes

Wut? Surely you can’t go on the road at all until you’ve completed a CBT. That’s what the ‘C’ stands for.

Nope. I can ride a 50cc bike without L plates or CBT.

csb

Tbese deleivery drivers must have business use insurance. Can you ride for work purposes on L plates?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Nope. I can ride a 50cc bike without L plates or CBT.

Me too, but anything bigger and you’ll need to complete the CBT and display L plates. It lasts 2 years and I guess most of the Deliveroo dudes are doing it temporarily so little point in spending upwards of a grand to pass the full test so just stick on a CBT.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Deliveroo motorscooterists in my area….’ is closed to new replies.