Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Deliveries – all broken it seems…
  • oceanskipper

I have been expecting 4 different items sent by 4 different couriers for over a week and none of them have turned up. Tracking says various unhelpful things like “We’re expecting your parcel” when the sender says they dispatched last week etc etc. 1 has refunded me and one has sent a replacement but the other two remain in transit with DPD and UPS saying there are unexpected delays.

I’ve ordered stuff on behalf of work that was sent by DPD and TNT  that has also failed to reach its destination

I know RM is on strike and that accounts for one of my missing items, and it’s Christmas / Black Friday (these events were known about well in advance though) but seriously is the whole system broken or something? First world problems I know but it’s odd as I’ve not had these problems ever before.

MoreCashThanDash

Had 4-5 parcels this week with no problems.

Even Evri.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I thought it was just me. One blind lost by courier company had to despatch another should have taken 5 days ended up 3 weeks.

Also this month 3 parcels despatched a fortnight ago Parcelforce. Smallest package arrived within 48hours (last Tuesday). Other 2 stuck at depot. Chased again today and a replacement 2 parcels have now been despatched should arrive by Friday. 2 weeks for a 48ht delivery 🫤

hot_fiat

Have had several Evri parcels disappear down the “there has been a delay” hole in the last week. One is supposedly with the local courier but also inexplicably missing. Parcelfarce / Royal Snail are slower than usual, but at least things are getting through.

scotroutes

Everything has been arriving on schedule (or even early!)

oceanskipper

Amazon stuff seems OK and I have had the odd RM delivery actually, but most of my stuff is MIA currently.. 🤷‍♂️

oceanskipper

Literally as I type UPS sent an email saying my delivery which was expected between 3 and 5 today has been rescheduled…

ton

2 evri deliveries,on time
    2 royal mail deliveries, on time
    1 royal mail collection, on time.

dovebiker

There’s a combination of things at play at once:
    RM strike, so Amazon and others passing deliveries onto other couriers, some with no experience of areas/routes.
    Driver shortages – this hasn’t gone away and with peak season, the poor payers are going to be short.
    On Monday morning my local PO was queued out the door with folks posting parcels – we haven’t hit the peak yet.
    As a postie, we’ve been just about able to cope clearing the backlog up to now but with extra coming through from Black Friday, I can see it starting to back-up from today and tomorrow’s strike – we have no depot/local storage so we have to send it back.
    We’ve also been told there’s no overtime available to clear the backlog- only to work our contracted hours.

onehundredthidiot

Three in the last week, all with evri, all have “unexpected delays. Annoyingly resent with another courier with sender saying refuse delivery or you’ll have to pay for both. I’ll be explaining to CRC that they can arrange pick up at a time convenient to me

trail_rat
    Free Member

Dhle global seems to be stalled at Cincinnati for me 🙁

Del

UPS has been a horror story for a few years now. The courier business has been a race to the bottom for a while and the pressure on staff numbers and brexit hasn’t helped at all. UPS had given up all pretence of providing a premier service, has stopped offering compensation for late deliveries and stopped express altogether IIRC. They pick an excuse from their standard list according to mood. We’ve tried the other operators and they’re worse. 🙄

Having said that everything I’ve ordered in recent months had I think been delivered by evri without problems. 🙂

reluctantjumper

I’ve just been sticking to Amazon and making sure it was being delivered by their vans, haven’t had a problem. I did have to order one thing that could only come via Royal Mail though, even with 2 strike days just after I ordered it arrived within 4 days and was literally handed to me as I walked out the door to go to the party it was needed for!

Driver shortages – this hasn’t gone away and with peak season, the poor payers are going to be short.

Is a major issue right now. Drivers looking for short term work can pick where they work so they only do the easy routes for maximum coin, the tough routes and poor payers are really struggling. The DPD depot just outside Bristol is usually devoid of vans during the day but the last week or two it’s had half of them just sat there with other couriers on the loading bays, picking up the work they want and presumably charging a high price to do it.

fossy

Amazon is good, even had ‘next day’ stuff turn up first thing in the morning recently. Evri a bit hit and miss but that’s the tracking system and depot’s. Once it’s with our local delivery lass it gets here pronto. They lost part of a bit order for us last year.

Asda fluffed up an order for a Nintendo Switch last week – order cancelled by them a couple of hours before delivery, driver then turns up with ‘delivery’ but can’t find the item, checks again on his tablet and the order has then gone (he wouldn’t have got to me without an order). To top that off I’ve been charged twice for it. Still showing as ‘pending’ on my account.

ads678

I’ve got one stuck with Evri ‘expecting it’ and one that Yodel(🙄) say they’ve delivered through the letter box but haven’t!!

I’m not blaming Evri for the company not giving it to them yet. 4 days thought and £5.50 delivery for a T shirt.

oceanskipper

One of my deliveries was dispatched and Evri just said expecting it for 3 days before I contacted the supplier who without question just said looks like it’s lost so we’ll send another via next day DPD. Got a dispatch email notification to that effect promptly followed by an email from DPD saying it will take at least an extra day which might change so check back later….

Still not got my stuff – payment was effective immediately though….🙄

twistedpencil

Awaiting a postal delivery that’s now a week late, no one wants to say how long I have to wait before getting a refund… not the end of the world.

Ordered a load of Christmas presents last week and they have all arrived, some earlier than advised, amazon again.

Have one package at customs as we speak…

Lost an order from Europe in the summer, got a refund and parcel never did arrive.  Nervous at the moment as I have a bike frame coming into the country from Europe… though I can wait on this as its mine and not a present for anyone but me 😉

13thfloormonk

Rats, that’ll explain why my wheelset from Merlin didn’t turn up. More than 24hrs to deliver a wheelset with free postage? What an outrage!

matt_outandabout

Everything still arriving at oab_towers just fine at present.

Tracey

No problems with delivery’s. Always get stuff delivered to work.
    The Yodel guy is a bit of a pain though as we haven’t got a designated place and he still leaves parcels by the cardboard bin.
    His answer is that if we won’t pick a designated place then he will rather than try and rearrange a delivery

welshfarmer

DPD out of the Rhumney depot seem to be having major issues currently. I am on good terms with the regular driver on our round but he is only doing a couple of days a week and you can guarantee if he’s not on then there is an “unexpected delay”. The last package took a week of delays before Majiec delivered it. If the DPD delivery comes from the Hereford depot then no issues.
    To be honest, I would much rather they say there was an unexpected delay (code for we have too many parcels to even contemplate delivering to you out in the sticks until we get a few more in the area to make it worth while doing a drop), than have the message saying they called but no-one was home (there is always someone home, it is a working farm!)

Mounty_73

I have had quite a few issues with both Hermes and Amazon deliveries over the last couple of weeks, still waiting to be resolved, parcels lost or just simply not being delivered.

I guess we are into silly season for deliveries etc.

FuzzyWuzzy

DPD wound me up a couple of days ago, had notification on Monday that a parcel would be delivered Tuesday and I’d get a 1 hour time slot usually by 11am. At 7pm I get a notification it will be delivered in the next hour so start tracking the van, it was on 4 of 14 when next refresh was “sorry we missed you” and a grainy photo taken nowhere near my house (and I have cctv so they def didn’t attempt delivery). I would have been ok with “sorry, driver had a problem so can’t deliver today” rather than implying I wasn’t in – I then found out it’s seemingly impossible to complain via the DPD web-site which wound me up even more. Fortunately it got delivered the following day anyway :p

dovebiker

Don’t know about the couriers, but there’s only limited options on the RM PDA for failed deliveries such as “inaccessible” or “addressee gone away” rather than “There’s too many deliveries for me to cope” or “my van’s too small to deal with all the 💩 you order” or “why not go down the local shops you lazy fecker”

StuF

3 parcels expected yesterday. 2 with DPD unexpected delays and a RM that didn’t turn up. Hope today brings better luck.

joelowden

Had a new frame delivered from South Africa yesterday, four days via FedEx. No complaints.

poolman
    Free Member

DPD are brilliant, or our local driver is. Ordered 3 days ago, nominated safe place, just had photo sent confirming. I m in Spain, delivery in uk.

Here in Spain I organise collection where poss from local depots, they are all on same estate. Batch all collections till I m next there and so them in 1 go.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Evri have just proudly sent me an email announcing that the £300 Garmin gps I ordered last week from wiggle was delivered at 11.30 this morning, attached was a photo showing the box sitting atop the recycling bin surrounded by empty cans and milk cartons in full view of anyone passing and likely to get piss wet through. What is up with these people? How can I make wiggle aware of thjs?

gobuchul
    Free Member

I was speaking to our regular and very helpful DPD man yesterday.

They are absolutely flat out, very short staffed. DPD changed the contracts a few months ago and a lot of them just walked out. He has a number of contracts with them and subs the work out. He was going to pack them all in, then DPD offered improved conditions.

dyna-ti

I think I’m due my new morticer today. Just checked the DX delivery site and it looks like it though hasn’t given any definites or express times of delivery, but I’m hopeful.

Parcel is coming from Axminster in Devon, overnight and the company is usually very good so I’m hopeful.

BillOddie

UPS – 1 day early

DHL – On time

Amazon – 1 day early

Evri  – about 3 or so delivered on time  including 1 that was delivered 18 hours after the wife placed an Oasis order – how???

gobuchul
    Free Member

Ordered something yesterday, paid extra for DPD next day.

Got an email confirming delivery today.

Just received another telling me that it’s delayed, due to “unexpected issue”.

Bugger. Can’t remember the last time DPD let me down?

ajantom

‘Phil’ from Parcelforce is delivering my bike frame in the next 25 minutes according to the online tracker 🙂

fooman

3 parcels expected yesterday. 2 with DPD unexpected delays and a RM that didn’t turn up. Hope today brings better luck.

RM were on strike yesterday, and today, so you’d need more than luck for them to arrive.

montgomery
    Free Member

Hmm, CR package which vanished into the Evri Oubliette a week ago finally got delivered an hour ago – to the greenhouse of the old guy who lives round the corner….

cheers_drive

As an online store the couriers have been a nightmare recently. RM has always been very good until the strikes but the strike days and the knock on effects mean that we had to change to Amazon shipping (via 3rd party fulfillment), they lost more in a few weeks that 5 years of RM!. Fair dues it’s very easy to make a claim, but they must be trying to do the others out of business as that level of loss is not sustainable.

It sounds like STWers are very understanding with retailers, unfortunately not customers is…

ads678

So if tracking says it’s delivered but it hasn’t been delivered, what can I actually do? Its not an expensive item but I don’t wnt to lose money. Just some hydraulic hose bought from ebay? I’ve raised it with ebay and the seller has just said “tracking says delivered”. Am I shafted now?

This is Yodel btw, who I have contacted. They may well have delivered it through a letterbox, just not my letterbox….

Northwind

That’s still the seller’s problem- they can claim it with their courier

ads678

Cool, I’ll see what happens over the next few days….

winston
    Free Member

“That’s still the seller’s problem- they can claim it with their courier”

yeah, as a shop, let alone an ebay seller  I can tell you that is easier said than done – we usually end up writing off anything lost by a courier – obvs the customer always gets a refund/replacement though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.