• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by PH1.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Delhi – Anyone lived there?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

Been offered a new job, was to be in Pune, India (which we visited about a month ago). Now looks more likely to be Delhi, but we don`t have any experience of it.

Anyone lived there, can you recommend good areas to live in? Would you be happy taking your family there (wife and 3 yr old)?

Thanks!

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

I lived in Birkby, Huddersfield for many years and I’m led to believe it’s very similar. I can probably give you a few pointers and educate you in the local dialect.

votchy
    Free Member

Know a lot of guys that travel to Pune regularly on business, not one of them likes the place and they all say the same thing, smells of sh1t

ddmonkey

I have visited twice, my impression was that it is mental but interesting. I had fun and hassle in equal meausure but enjoyed the experience a lot. I was travelling on a budget so I’m sure working there you will be able to live in much nicer areas that I stayed in! There must good ex-pat areas to live and that it is relatively safe, apart from all the usual issues in India like the crazy traffic, street hawkers hassling, heat, rainfall, filth, illness etc. I wouldn’t fancy doing a commute in rush hour though!

You be better trying one of the ex-pat forums for info I would think.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

not lived there, but can recommend an excellent hospital.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

‘crazy traffic, street hawkers hassling, heat, rainfall, filth, illness etc’

Yep sounds just like Birkby! 😆

BermBandit
    Free Member

Delhi is the Birmingham of India. Personally you couldn’t get me to go anywhere near the place. Even without the offer of 72 virgins and a guaranteed place at the right hand of God, self immolation would be a better prospect. Not that I want to put you off at all……

Zedsdead
    Free Member

oop north – think I was supposed to email you. Sorry, been pretty busy.

Anyhow, send me an email and I’ll reply when I get back home (this weekend – yay!) and I’ll give you lots of useful info etc.

Cheers

oopnorth
    Free Member

Zed – email sent!

PH1

Dont bother it’s a shit hole!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Delhi – Anyone lived there?’ is closed to new replies.