• This topic has 66 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Deleting STW account
  • martinhurton
    Free Member

Dissapointing that you can’t change your user name.

Back when I signed up with STW I seem to think that you entered your name and that was your username?

Remember, this was way before twitter and facespace and all that. Now I would not use my username as it is, but back then, it was different. I guess quite a few of us did the same thing.

Things have changed a lot. I’m just more aware of how things (no matter how trivial/innocent etc) can be easily found and thrown back at you in the future.

So, if I start spamming I can get my account deleted..?

scotroutes

Just do lots of sweary words with letters blanked out, wind up the mods or post a link to SportsPursuit.

footflaps

Wow, some of you go way back.

I remember when we had to send an pigeon to STW Towers which your post on a scrap of paper round its leg and they’d have some poor northerner climb up a ladder and carve your letters into a slab of stone outside their office.

wwaswas

trouble with going down the ‘ban me and delete all my posts’ route is that they won’t let you back with a new id.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

they won’t let you back with a new id.

Won’t they?

Mark

And we won’t delete your history anyway.

wwaswas

Won’t they?

probably/maybe/possibly/sometimes

scotroutes

Mark commented on this previously and said something along the lines “only in exceptional circumstances” were people permanently banned.

allthegear
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpypants
    We may decide to publish them in the mag if we think you have proffered awesome wisdom

I can’t ever remember seeing a post published in the mag. Doesn’t say much for our collective wisdom!!! 🙂

Rachel

wwaswas

They used to do a ‘posts of the months’ section back in the day.

I got in it when Mike Tarrantino (sp? & 😉 ) was guest editor. My claim to stw fame.

camo16
    Free Member

Was your post awesomely wise, wwaswas?

I like to think it was about 1980s tube-mounted gear leverage…

I do have a couple of semi-legit claims to fame (ish). My history book is in paperback now and my fiction opus is available on Amazon Kindle… 😉

wwaswas

Was your post awesomely wise, wwaswas?

God no.

Knowledge of down tube gearage was commonplace in them days.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Wow, some of you go way back.

…who’s been regularly posting on STW the longest then?

At risk of deviating away from the op, I remember Cressers so going back some way…

I’ve noted STW sometimes posts thread links to Twitter too, so not quite the same as appering in the mag.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

December 2008 i joined.

D0NK

December 2008 i joined

yeah I think that was a popular time to join

wwaswas

yeah I think that was a popular time to join

🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Fred always seemed to manage it, so it must be possible. Unless of course, the Ubergruppenfuhrers have tightened camp security since then…

I managed it once, before I gave the game away, but if I told you how, I’d probably be banished into the outer wastelands where there be the wailing and screaming of the souls of the damned.

And also TJ.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the outer wastelands where there be the wailing and screaming of the souls of the damned.

Bikemagic? 😉

Drac

Bikemagic?

Edinburgh the clue is in the last part of his post.

footflaps

wailing and screaming of the souls of the damned.

That’s just them moaning about the weather…..

Pook

pre first mag for me. Always been pook. Always will be, otherwise the alliteration of the peaks pootles goes to pot

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I wonder why Singletrack would want to archive forum posts. In twenty years time they’ll hardly be relevant, and there may not be a Singletrack magazine by then.

aracer
    Free Member

STW? Pah – regular GoFar poster here.

maccruiskeen

The great hack reset the counter for everyone and not everyone logged back on with the same names- what happened to Toolmaker for instance – seem to remember him being a regular in the top 10 most frequent posters list in the mag. Gone? or new posthack nomdeplume?

Think I first found the forum when issue one was available by the tills in bike shops – whenever that was. Back then there used to be a list on the left of the page of all the people who were logged in – I very much doubt theres room for that now. The internet was black and white then and used to get switched off at 9pm.

scotroutes

Anyone remember this?

Stoner
    Free Member

I have issue 10 (2003) in my cupboard as my first copy and I think I signed up to the forum a year or so before that.

D0NK

Anyone remember this?

didn’t a few people on here trackdown Farse? What happened about that? cant remember

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Deleting STW account’ is closed to new replies.