Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Delamere with a 7yr old
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

Morning, thinking of taking my 7yr old lad to Delamere at the weekend for the first time. Any tips on where to head as I’ve not ridden there before. He’s been racing BMX for a year so can ride and he’s looking to test out his new Vitus Nucleus 24.

Worth the trip or will it be too wet and boggy given the recent weather?

Thanks

Rich_s

My boys weren’t that fussed by delamere when we visited. He’s on a good bike and if he’s racing bmx I’d suggest the blue at llandegla. Bit of a climb (an hour maybe?) but he’ll enjoy it after that. Maybe try a bit of red too?

You’ll probably get some pointers for the better off fire road stuff in delly but I’d also think it’ll be pretty claggy at present.

Harry_the_Spider

Took my kids round there when they were small. Just follow the marked loops. There’s nothing technical at all, but there is a statue of The Gruffalo.

twotonpredator

new blue trail opening is imminent.it was being built last time I was there about a month back. on the opposite side of the road from the 4x track, bad brains etc

The next phase of our redevelopment of Delamere Forest now focuses on the wider forest and our trail infrastructure. We’re currently creating a new mountain bike trail, which includes 4km of new blue graded single track along the 10km length and will enable families and those new to mountain biking to practice and perfect their mountain biking skills before moving on to some of the tougher trails at other Forestry England sites such as Cannock Chase Forest. This new trail is due to be completed before Spring 2023.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Delamere is a game of two halves at the moment.

– Tons of great off piste which is very slippery and sketchy at the moment – Which makes it great fun to ride. inc. About 7 different DH runs off old pale, all of which are cheeky and dug by the local kidz

– Or miles of wide dull forrest road

The new blue trail will be a great addition to those visiting with kids looking to progress, but its not ready yet.

Blackflag
    Free Member

There is a pump track at the top end which you could incorporate into your visit

binman

Happy to send you a route if it helps ?

It was very boggy a couple of weeks ago, so it depends on your tyres.

Llandegla is the best option if you don’t have DH type tyres,  if you can make it to there.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Cheers all, not got time for llandegla tomorrow as late afternoon pootle only. Taking him there next week though in Easter.

Might just take him to Clayton Vale instead tomorrow if it’s boring fireroad or wet boggy stuff. Will go when the new blue opens.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.