Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Delamere Monday Night Riders
  • nickingsley
    Free Member

Where have we all been for the last couple of months as only the die hard few have been going regularly recently – mind you not all bad as more of Graham’s excellent cakes to go round.

So big push this Monday (15th) evening to get a good sized gang out and have some fun and if you are really lucky there might even be a leader who can avoid getting lost in the boggiest bits – again… n again….

So Ian, Av, Roy, Dave, Marcus, Rich, Bob, Debs, Graham, Sue, Steve, Liz, Gary, Anna, Degsy, Farmer Dave, Tom, Jonny, Adam, Nic, John, Paul, Roger, Josh, Mike …… lets get out there – oh yes cakes and ALL newcomers welcome (for most of us the ride usually finishes approx. 9:30pm, Marcus has probably slipped away a bit earlier !)

Depart usual start place at 7:30pm and its due to be dry and cool which is ideal.

See you all tomorrow and if w’ere really lucky Debs AND Graham may bring cakes along and you thought Master Chef was good, this is much much better, bit of exercise, a laugh and cakes on Monday evening in November – nothing better.

Anyway whats the problem with getting lost in the bogs – you want to try running through them – now that (Hell Up North) really is fun ….

IMG_6423.jpg

nickingsley
    Free Member
    lipseal
    Free Member

I would like to have come on this ride but feeling like crap, is this a regular Monday night ride then?

nickingsley
    Free Member

Yes, the Delamere Monday Night Riders head out every Monday night and we are ready to cycle in to the forest at 7:30pm and return a couple of hours later.

There’s no obligation to run through the bogs as you have to be a bit nuts to….

lipseal
    Free Member

P.S are you all racing whippets because I’m more of a racing tortoise.

nickingsley
    Free Member

Complete mix as are the bikes which include, Giant Reign with 6″ travel, hardtail with 3″ travel to singlespeed with no suspension.

All that is required is a sense of humour, good lights and a preparedness for gloop.

bakey

Hi Nic, currently suffering w/ pneumonia so won’t be there for a couple of weeks (unless you go slow!)

Cheers

Mike

lipseal
    Free Member

Cool will be up for that in a few weeks.

curlie467
    Free Member

Me too, maybe not tomorrow as y lights are pants and my new one hasnt arrived as of yet! What lights do you guys and gals run?

Where is the meeting point?

bilberryhunter
    Free Member

Mixture of lights, nothing spectacular required as it is a relatively slow but technical ride. I use a couple of low end Fenix’s on the bars and a couple strapped to my head, was using halogens last year with 15Ah’s worth of battery but have now switched to LED but only to save the weight and some space in my back pockets.

I have lead the rides for the last 4 weeks and have now got wise enough to be able to chart varying routes through the forest that avoid the worst of the gloop.

Cake’s will hopefully be Chocolate’n’Beetroot and Lord Randall.

Rode it on my todd last week which can get a bit spooky after an hour or so when you start hearing things!!!

Marmoset
    Free Member

Hoping to be there – it’s all been t**s up for weeks, and I guess that the weather hasn’t really motivated a load of peoople!

Rich

bilberryhunter
    Free Member

I’m always there and my mental map of the forest is improving all the time (cos it has too) and my master baking techniques are improving week by week.

For the benefit of curlie it’s at the time stated previously on a need to know basis.

Make sure your lighting rig will last 2hrs.

[location removed as requested – mod]

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Looking forward to it as always! Off to change my inner tube in the rear tyre and charge the lights. I can’t ask graham again for one of his many front lights!

Chris

squin
    Free Member

bilberry, you might want to edit/remove the location for the start and email the person directly, not great that that info is in the public domain (security etc).

nickingsley
    Free Member

Lights anything from make your own (eg Fenix – lots of), to AYUP, Exposure, Nuke Proof, Hope, Lumicycle, Light & Motion …. good article in Dec 2010 edition of What Mountain Bike – basically go for LED.

Agree with squin please don’t post where we meet for the most obvious security reasons. Instead if you want to know where we meet please e-mail one of the MTBers who seems to know whats going on. Thanks.

Gloop free – can’t see the point of that personally. The reason Delamere was built was for MTBers to have fun, fall off and get covered in ……….and eat rather good cakes afterwards :-).

Mike, hope to see you in the next few weeks. I imagine at your advancing age pneumonia is pretty serious…. Get well and look forward to seeing you and ‘Love Hate’ in a few weeks.

Finally Delamare Monday Night riders don’t forget the Awards Evening(Christmas meal)which will be a completely democratic affair and all in the best possible taste. The awards will be based on the last years riding and excuses – all you need to bring is a thick skin.
    Blue Ribbon event is (pf course) ‘The Best Crash’ and the string favourite is going to take some beating.

bilberryhunter
    Free Member

squin, can’t see the location mentioned anywhere, enlighten me offline and I will attempt to sort.

squin
    Free Member

bilberry, I presume you spotted it as the Mods have removed it, but you had said that ” we meet at X on a need to know basis…” not need to know then 😉

bilberryhunter
    Free Member

Spotted where but moderated already – careless talk’n’all – have slapped myself for the lapse and will banish myself to the kitchen.

curlie467
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, i have one of these on its way, will it be good enough? I will be able to make it most mondays provided my lights are good enough!!
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44459

Divagirl
    Free Member

cake baking in oven, lights charging. Looking forward to tonight and hoping I’m not the only female or nervous newbie there 😕

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Ok, up to now I’m on for this, the lure of Divagirl’s cake is to good…

Divagirl
    Free Member

jeez g-mick, I feel under enough pressure from my <lack of> biking skills, never mind baking prowess 😯 haha

chunkypaul
    Free Member

won’t be there tonight but planning to return next monday

timc
    Free Member

The late start suits me for mid weeks, once I recover from injury ill attend for sure! who should I contact?

nickingsley
    Free Member

Divagirl you will be fine as we don’t rush off and leave people.

Paul, look forward to seeing you in the next weeks or so.

Timc – just e-mail myself, Dave Dodd, bilberry hunter, Marmoset, squin, ikimbunza etc.. as all can advise where to meet.
    Some of us try and show a little discretion about the meet point to provide a little extra security for the cars……..

curlie467, bilberry hunter could advise or just turn up with something thats just good enough and see what others are using (probably best idea if you don’t live to far away)- me AYUP and really pleased with them

lipseal
    Free Member

nickingsley do you use two or the one light set up with the ayup’s?

nickingsley
    Free Member

Av and I both have AYUPs and in Delamere we both have a pair on the helmet and a pair on the handlebars as need that bit of extra power to pick out obstacles.

When cycling on the road/canal footpaths to work I use just the pair on the handlebars.

lipseal
    Free Member

Cheers been thinking of getting a set. Could someone email meet, I won’t be there this week but fingers crossed for next.

bakey

Mike, hope to see you in the next few weeks. I imagine at your advancing age pneumonia is pretty serious…. Get well and look forward to seeing you and ‘Love Hate’ in a few weeks.

I’ll get you for this Nic!

nickingsley
    Free Member

Good turnout tonight and ideal conditions crisp, cool and gloopy + bit of rain!

Thanks to Marcus for looking after the new starters.

Special thanks to Graham, Lisa and Debs for a superb selection of cakes to feast on at the end.

Roy, Richard and Nic just need to do a decent maintenance job and then they might get the whole way round !

Good to see Ian was delighted to receive such professional help with his tyre repair – odd that it seemed to take a little longer then expected.

See you all next week……

Divagirl
    Free Member

excellent evening, thanks very much – that was some mud !!! I’m not very good at mud yet – hence the occasional yelp tonight 😳

Divagirl
    Free Member

nickingsley – Member

Thanks to Marcus for looking after the new starters.

yes, thanks Marcus for keeping me company at the back – much appreciated

davedodd
    Free Member

Marcus always ‘looks after’ the people at the back 🙂

Sounds like I missed a good night 🙁

Will try to get out next time with Dave now the physio has said to keep on cycling!

But at least I sent cake !!

Debs

lipseal
    Free Member

Put my name down for tomorrow night.

lipseal
    Free Member

Bail from me for tonight

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s a bit too far for me at the moment, might make it next Monday though

trek820
    Free Member

Hello, I’m Beccy and I’m new to Singletrack Forum and new to night rides…just taken delivery of my lights last week.:-) Are newbies welcome on your Delamere Monday Night Rides?…would be great to join you.

Beccy

chunkypaul
    Free Member

yep – newbies welcome

and far too much cake on offer after this evenings ride….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bugger…

Forgot this was on.. :
    You all going next week??

I’m getting a bit bored of solo rides araround the perimitere trail.. 🙁

Oh, can someone email the start point please?

Divagirl
    Free Member

loved the route tonight. definitely less screaming from me, I must have improved a bit 😀 Not sure I burned enough calories to cover the five pieces of cake I scoffed afterwards. Thanks Dave for leading and to Graeme for rear duty.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Delamere Monday Night Riders’ is closed to new replies.