Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Delamere Forest (fat old man content)
  • ton

is delamere forest ok for a few hours steady riding without too many hills.
    i need to get out for a bit of steady riding over the xmas period, but i am not up to tackling any hills yet.

anyone?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tis good for a bimble.Need a bit of local knowledge to get the best out of it.Theres a monday evening ride and 12/50 ride wednesday nights.There a few locals on here regularly who will chime in.

spandex_bob

It’s good, but I’d agree on it being better with peeps who have at least an idea how to string stuff together. No ride on this monday coming as it’s a christmas curry instead. Trails were at their tip-top frozen bestest on monday just gone, could be snowy by now….

stevemakin

yup, there’s a 3 hour ride in there if you know where to go, and lots in between, no hills as such, when you thinking of going Tony ?

ton

steve, probably tuesday 28th mate.

stevemakin

could work out that, me and Nick Teetosugars and others, will let you know

stevemakin

you on twitter ?

Gooner
    Free Member

Tony, i’d be up for some easy riding over Christmas as i need to get some miles in without any hills
    what about one of the easier trails at Dalby?

ton

steve, not on twitter, but sounds good.
    martin, dalby will be too hilly mate, even the tame stuff.
    canal has been getting some stick recently…. 😀

JonBurns
    Free Member

I’d say try and get one of the leaflets which have a map of all the waypoint markers.

There may still be the 2 mtb routes (which are fireroad based). Start on one of those and if you see some tire tracks into the forest just follow them. You can’t get that lost in Delamere at worst you just turn back.

If you come out onto a fireroad you’ll soon find a number waymarker which you can find on your map.

It’s good fun, go explore (just don’t give a definate time to your missus of when you’ll be back).

curlie467
    Free Member

I could be up for a ride on tuesday 28th, its a good place to go and just bumble about and explore.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tony… Come on over… I’ll show you around… Call in here first, 🙂
    I’m only 5 mins away now..

richpips
    Free Member

If there isn’t too much snow me and the kids will be there.

stevemakin

10am good for everyone ?

MrFannay
    Free Member

I’m going to head over there tonight at 6pm for a very cold night ride, will post conditions later 🙂

PaulMc
    Free Member

We have had about 4 inches in Runcorn overnight. Delamere was mostly frozen solid on Monday night. There is a possibility this snow will have turned to sheet ice by the 28th. We are hopefully taking the kids there on Christmas Eve, if I remember I will post up the conditions then.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

if you are going to go ton, then get someone who knows the singletrack round delamere to lead you round the good bits

there is loads of singletrack, and when the conditions are icy or snowy its excellent riding

curlie467
    Free Member

10am on the 28th is good for me, email me at johnbpowley@aim.com regarding the meeting place.

Hopefully going out on the night ride on monday the 27th also provided people are still going that is!

ton

steve, 10am is good for me.

nick, email me your phone number and postcode.

stevemakin

bump, anyone from here still out tomorrow ?, 10am at the cafe

ton

steve……..was looking for a email to contact you.
    i wont be over riding mate.
    with the heart trouble and a bit of cold mixed in, i might e up for a 10 mins ride to the local chemist.

when i am well, i am gonna try and organise a stw northern group ride round your way.

stevemakin

nay worries, more important to get well 🙂

steveATsingletrackworldDOTcom

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Delamere Forest (fat old man content)’ is closed to new replies.