Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dehydrated Lumbar Discs & MTBing
  • Premier Icon qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve had chronic on/off back pains for years, severe pains the last year, MRI’s showing dehydrated Lumbar discs.

Cycling can help and also trigger it, especially smaller vibrations of which there are many.

Please tell me your success stories of how you managed yours.

Ta

Premier Icon lardman
    Free Member

Pilates and yoga.
    Back is almost a non-issue for the 10 years or so I’ve been doing it.

Before that, I was always in some kind of pain. I have slightly prolapsed and degraded L4 and L5. Not very bad, but noticeable (on an MRI)

Premier Icon lardman
    Free Member

Oh, I also only wear barefoot shoes now. That’s helped too.

Premier Icon geomickb
    Free Member

I have a couple of prolapsed disks and just ignore them. Back pain has been around for over a decade but I also ignore that. The two may not even be related.

Rheumatologist suggested spinal injections and barbiturates. I said I’d rather swim and ride my bike. Yeah, yoga, cold showers and meditation do help but I don’t want to sound like a hippie.

Premier Icon ampthill

No idea why my back flared up around 3 years ago. It stopped bending and really hurt

Its really calmed down now. Stretches for muscles attached to the pelvis have really helped, particularly freeing up my hip abductors

Premier Icon highpeakrider
    Free Member

I do this but not as often as I should, my local physio uses it for back issues.

https://spiralstabilization.co.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.