Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Defi Wind. If you only watch one crazy French windsurfing video today ….
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Worlds largest windsurfing race. Quite a lively way to start a sailing race, 1200 nutters and one fast rib ..

[video]http://vimeo.com/128001317[/video]

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nice 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Done that. It’s Ace

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

was windsurfing ever that cool?

whilst in Oz i used to watch the surfers on a large break. when the wind turned the windsurfers came out.

it was boring.

[video]http://vimeo.com/62057824[/video]

sharkbait
    Free Member

Excellent. Remarkable number going in as they bore away for the gybe – I was initially doubtful about the 50knt wind but it was certainly blowing dogs off chains.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Done that. It’s Ace

The actual event ?

I am realising how terribly ordinary I am at everything 🙁

I do enjoy doing it all though just have to accept my level

@sharkbait yes I agree re: 50knts of breeze

shermer75
    Free Member

Agreed, that does look amazing! 😀 Not sure about the guy chucking his sail sat the other fella at 2.40 though!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, 2007/8/9/10 wasn’t quite 50knts though.
    Took my iSonic 88 ltr and 3 sails, a 3.5/4.7 & 5.2 that’s all you need, when it blows it blows hard, invariably it blows 30knts constant which for me is 3.5/4.7 weather. Biggest problem is launching and recovery, there are so many folks crowded in a small launch area nearest the startline it gets a bit crammed. Seen all the “stars” there over the years, bought so many pints of frothy lager and shared the dance floor with some stunning French beauties.. It’s quite good fun, you must try it one day before you die 😆
    It’s been running for years, attracts 000’s of windsurfers from all over Europe. Even during the “shrinking” years where loads of windsurfers turned to kiting and the sport almost ground to a halt, in Europe it was and still is very very popular. Rack up to any beach and you’ll find some French bloke and his family going out and back. Then there are the secret spots of Northern France/Spain/Norway where the hardcore go, Portugal still runs loads of wave comps, but we too here in Britain still have comps, be it wave, slalom or racing.

Hayling still holds the “water sports” show every Sept and it draws folks from all over the world, last year it was estimated 250k folks turned up over the long weekend.

Windsurfing ain’t dead by a long shot, we are just more choosy about where we go here in the UK.

Still hunt waves me, we’ve had some great wind this spring and over at West Wtts it’s been pretty damn good fun.

Dude.

😆

windydave13
    Free Member

You can’t beat the carnage of fully over powered slalom 🙂

Fair play to the guys on the tandom 😯

matt_outandabout

Great stuff.

Windsurfing exists for one reason.

The. Need. For. Speed.

8)

tiggs121
    Free Member

Makes my (past) occasional bob around the West Coast look a bit tame!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very cool @bikebouy, much respect, perhaps we’ll meet up one day so I can hear the stories. Windsurfing in that much breeze (30 knits) was beyond me in my “prime” never mind now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Defi Wind. If you only watch one crazy French windsurfing video today ….’ is closed to new replies.