Defender 300tdi brake vacuum pump

Home Forum Chat Forum Defender 300tdi brake vacuum pump

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Defender 300tdi brake vacuum pump
  • Premier Icon keithd
    Subscriber

Hi all, hoping one of the resident Landy experts can help with this. Just received a new pump to fit but am concerned as there is about 3mm of end float on the piston. DOES anyone know if this is normal? Cheers

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

What brand is the replacement. If AC Delco or Wabco I wouldn’t worry. If Britpart then I would.

Premier Icon keithd
    Subscriber

It’ s a Bearmach which I am led to believe are ok. Don’ know where it fits in the quality hierarchy!

Premier Icon keithd
    Subscriber

Welshfarmer, have you fitted one before? If so did you put no 1 cylinder to TDC or not?

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

Just above Britpart when it comes to moving parts and getting worse. Simple rule of thumb is that is if has moving parts, precision surfaces, is part of the safety system, or seals something then buy genuine or OEM quality. Britpart/Bearmach etc are probably OKish for mudflaps and seat covers.

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

I have fitted them in the past but it is 5 years ago at least so I cannot recall the process without looking it up sorry.

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

Have a read of this thread. It may help. There is a bit about TDC as well

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/56096-vacuum-pump-oil-leak/</span&gt;

Premier Icon keithd
    Subscriber

Cheers for that. Will check it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.