Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • deep fat fryer advice pls??
  • muddyman
    Free Member

Politically incorrect they may be but you cant beat a home made chip ! or a corn dog for that matter !!
    Anyway had enough of frying in an open pan and no one i know ones a deep fat fryer !! so. . . . . .
    Whats what with a deep fat fryer chip fans ??

Cougar

Proper traditional chip pans are damn hard to find, I know that much. They’ve fallen out of favour for safety reasons over electric deep fat fryers.

I think the last time I saw one was in somewhere like TK Maxx.

bruneep

Get an electric one if you must.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dc7bqU_Dg&sns=em[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Argos still do them I have one traditional one …please tell me you are a southerner
    Deep fat fryer know nothing of these as i have always made proper chips

PS be quick its Friday chippy night innit

Cougar

I quite often get told, “ooh, you make really good chips!” Yes, that’s largely because I make them out of potatoes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is like northern haute cuisine on here today 😀

I get good comments to as i also make them properly with good quality spuds I have even been know to do the triple method but I am not sure it worth the effort tbh.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bit late for this one, I was looking for something to cook with lastnight as 12 of my mates popped round for a bit of scran, not sure what the rest of the weekend’s got in store mind…

whytetrash

Fireman mate said THE only house fires he sees these days are in homes with a DF Frier or smokers 🙁

HermanShake
    Free Member

A deep saucepan, a slotted spoon and some kitchen roll on a plate.

Chances are you already have these things 😀

project
    Free Member

Elderley customer of mine,got a knock on the door from the fire brigade, there had been a few chip pan fire locally so the fire brigade wher giving out free deep fat fryers to older people, nice of them.

And my neighbour left his on with lid open, so the sensor thing didnt cut out, it caught fire, and melted the side of his fridge freezer,the microwabve on the freezer then fell onto the fryer and ejected hot burning fat around his kitchen, result him in hospital overnight, and a totally destroyed kitchen, and heavy and i mean heasvy smoke damage.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I quite often get told, “ooh, you make really good chips!” Yes, that’s largely because I make them out of potatoes.

How do you avoid only eating chips everyday for lunch and dinner? That’s the only reason I haven’t bought a chip fryer – no self-control!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘deep fat fryer advice pls??’ is closed to new replies.