• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Deed of Guarantor – help!
  • Mintyjim

Hi,
    Has anyone experience / knowledge of this? Long story short I signed one, rather naively, expecting it to only be relevant to the length of the original agreed tenancy agreement.

It transpires that, in fact, I am actually liable beyond that date without exception:

“cannot be revoked during the continuance of any further tenancy between the Landlord and the Tenant” and

“not to be revoked by, notwithstanding any alteration of the terms including increase in the amount of rent payable.”

Yes, I am a complete twonk.

I am ok with the original 6 months but I am not happy with any continuation.

Having done a bit of homework I think the following points are pertinent to me declaring the deed null and void:

1) It was drawn up by the Letting Agents not the landlord.
    2) It look like it was ripped straight off the net.
    3) I have never seen and have no copy of the Tenancy Agreement.
    4) The Agent signed as the Landlord.
    5) We (myself and the agent) never had a witness, although there is a witness name and signature
    6) That ‘witness’ is actually the Office Manager not an unrelated third party.

Like I said, I’m not unreasonable and willing to honour the 6 months but from my internet investigations the deed isn’t actually valid.

Can anyone comment?

Many thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Deed of Guarantor – help!’ is closed to new replies.