Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Decking Quote, how much???
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Looking to get someone into deck an area in the back garden. 2.4m x 4.6m, simple rectangle with post postcreted in and decking built off that just above ground level.
    Roughly how much would I be looking at to get this done?
    Cheers

airvent
    Free Member

As with any of these questions it depends on a million things but probably more money than you expect.

twonks

Ours is whatever lengths the decking boards came in, which is I think 3.6 x 3.6.

Done properly with concrete footings and joists every foot or so as I can see the lattice when it freezes outside.

Cost us £400 all in, including a stain. That was mates rates though, so I’d guess about £600 to £1000 for a standard job with the wood cutting and labour needed for yours (OP) nowadays.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

11m2. My guess is £700.

Harry_the_Spider

Paid £700 for mine of a similar size.

mrhoppy

Would you not just do that yourself? Probably a weekends work and it’s not like you can go out anywhere at the moment.

dudeofdoom

Would you not just do that yourself? Probably a weekends work and it’s not like you can go out anywhere at the moment.

Man has point.

I did some decking diy using the more exciting eco plastic stuff but it wasn’t cheap but as I was doing the labour it sorta balanced out.

(Course the metalwork to get it 6ft in the air and glass balustrading with stainless steel really cranked the price up even on max m8s rates 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Some people just don’t have the skills and/or time though.

intheborders
    Free Member

No change from a grand I reckon, and then add VAT.

That assumes no elevation changes nor awkward ground and easy access (plus parking if you’re urban).

alanl
    Free Member

I’d have guessed at £2000. The materials have got to be close to £1k.

grantyboy
    Free Member

I’m flat out at work so time is a precious commodity currently. £750 was the quote so good shout from everyone.
    Cheers

rOcKeTdOg

Free if you do it yourself barring materials of course. It’s not difficult for the average DIYer to do. Buy a level, a handsaw and away you go.

I built decking and a 12×10 shed from scratch and all I know is how to do is fix bikes. No chippy/building skills whatsoever. Decking has lasted 2.5 years so far.

phil5556

Some people just don’t have the skills and/or time though.

want to.

bensales
    Free Member

OP, do you like rats? If so, continue with your plan to build decking.

I was very glad to rip ours out and cure the rodent problem.

Sandwich

Would you not just do that yourself?

I could but I’m an indifferent wood butcher at the best of times. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Decking Quote, how much???’ is closed to new replies.