Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Decent Welsh beers to try…
  • fifo
    Free Member

Literally anything from Great Orme.

toofarwest

I can see Castle Gate Brewery from my office window, Merlin’s own or Towy Gold would be my suggestion.

ransos
    Free Member

Brains and Felinfoel? Drink lager instead instead – horrible stuff.

Nah, Felinfoel double dragon is a decent cask ale if you like a traditional style. The bottled version is pretty forgettable though.

nant
    Free Member

wild horse brewery in Conwy

zilog6128

Untappd is a great tool for finding the best beers & pubs in an unfamiliar location! It’s live data crowdsourced from drinkers so (assuming they don’t run out before you get there!) you know what you’re gonna get and how good (they think) it is!

Mattbike

+1 for Purple Moose and Tiny Rebel

Also try Glamorgan Brewery Cwrw Gorslas

dove1

Tiny Rebel make some awesome pale ales. If he is in the Newport or Cardiff areas there are 3 Tiny Rebel bars he can try:

Tiny Rebel bar, Cardiff

Tiny Rebel bar, Newport

Tiny Rebel Brewery, Newport.

Further West in Pembrokeshire the new Tenby Harbour Brewery are making some nice beers.

I will also go contrary to the nay-sayers and recommend Brains SA and SA Gold. They are mass produced but still good.

WildHunter2009

Am a big big fan of pretty much everything Tiny Rebel make, that cwtch is lovely. Weirdly my local-ish in Croydon also seems to love them and always has at least one or two on tap.

dti

After a visit to the beer shop in bala straight to the top of the charts.

Tomos a lilford – vale of glamorgan

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

very partial to Dark Side of the Moose and portmeirion’s Beer No. 6

deffo not a fan of Portmeirion’s Architects Ale – far too hoppy.  couldnt finish the bottle.  Like drinking a pint of Brewdog IPA. Horrid

taxi25
    Free Member

Brains beer, specifically SA, is what non-Welsh people think that Welsh people like

The beer snobbery is strong on this one lol. Brains beers are hugely popular around the Cardiff area. A well kept SA or  bitter are very much my drink of choice. Some of the “home brews” mentioned are OK, but loads prefer a more finished taste.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Decent Welsh beers to try…’ is closed to new replies.